Shipping season, when things come home to roost.

got all my shipments sitting in my cellar at this point! ya never know in SC. spring normally lasts 5 days, then we have winter again, and then its summer.

What day are they shipping? Monday or Tuesday should be fine.

The next two weeks will be ugly.

Warren

Yes, those pesky bits are definitely annoying.

I use our Dyson hand held when this happens

ANother 3 months or so in the Northeast, yay! champagne.gif

I will call tomorrow! Thanks.

I would think that it’s not just one’s local weather that factors into this but also that through which the wine travels.

Largely done in DC. Final shipment (Carlisle) supposed to go out tomorrow.

I got a shipment a couple weeks ago, and it was as if the styrofoam disintegrated. What a mess.

If one uses a local storage company in wine country which picks up your wine as part of its services, your wine will be handed over to that company at the fulfillment company last.
Safe shipping temps take priority.

Did you ship to business with liquor license? B21 states they cant ship yo nyc area.

I post this once or twice a year at shipping season when the styrofoam bits get brought up. While holding the bottle over the styrofoam shipper, blow on it with mild to moderate force. I suspect it’s something about the humidity that cancels the electrostatic attraction, but the bits and pieces magically detach from the bottle and settle into the shipper. Clean bottle. Clean floor/counter. Clean clothes.

If you’re older and/or have multiple cases to unpack, do this sitting down. You won’t have as far to fall when you pass out from hyperventilation.

[cheers.gif]

The absolute worst is the Bedrock and Once & Future shipments. Not sure what they ask for but their styro always has tons of breakage/shedding.

As others have noted, you’re a bit late in many areas of the country!

I started a buying freeze in January. Yesterday I received my 57th bottle. Pending is 14. Lol

Bedrock could be the bottle weight - those are HEAVY.

Although not shipping to my home, I’ve started getting my 2016 Bordeaux futures.

First shipping season at this new job … I am getting a few looks but since I happily share, no problems with arrivals yet. Then I have to schlep home the bottles I won’t open quickly here.

Probably depends where. In these times of global warming…the Mid-Atlantic window starts getting dicey by Mid-May. Earlier in parts of VA and most of NC. Nothing like a weekend wine sauna during transport.

RT