Shamed for not including a score on a CT tasting note

He’s left me alone, thank god.

Ummm. I think if you were being honest with yourself, you know damn well you would have told him to go f*ck himself. Dead cert. [cheers.gif]

4 Likes

Wow. Petty authoritarian noob who needs everyone to conform to his reality.

Particularly funny that he read the note, then replied that he doesn’t read notes without scores.

But, since he thinks the world exists to serve him, maybe the best response would be to suggest he pay you if he wants your score.

2 Likes

Number scores are for the unwashed masses that are lazy to appreciate at detailed note. No shame there

champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif

I think it’s pretty funny actually. Nobody on WB cares about scores right? And yet every time some publication or another scores a wine highly, there’s all kinds of chatter about it and how richly deserved the high score was, etc. This guy was just admitting that he looks at the numbers. And anyone who spends a lot of time reading TNs of random strangers isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed anyway. I guess he’s the male version of a Karen, whatever that’s supposed to be. But those people are always kind of amusing.

champagne.gif [highfive.gif]

His bios is worth sharing, so many interesting tidbits in there. Is 75+. Drinks two bottles a day. Has a deteriorated palate. Likes to fly first…

“We’re an old couple, have been drinking good wine since 1968 when we abandoned Lancer’s Rose in favor of Zinfandel and Bordeaux. We like big reds because our taste buds have deteriorated with our eyesight and hearing, but we drink everything. We typically split a bottle of white with lunch and one of red with dinner. Fine wine and the front of the plane are our two luxuries.”

1 Like

Yes the note itself was way more valuable than any points he could have given it.

So, he has a deteriorated palate, and he is asking you to score wines for him, as he can’t taste anymore. This is obviously a plea for help, and by withholding scores, you are being incredibly cruel.

1 Like

“You want points? You taste it and rate it yourself. Giving points is not my responsibility.”

Some people like points. Some people don’t. Neither group is right or wrong nor justified in criticizing the other group. Live and let live.
As for the guy who complained about a failure to score, move on. There is nothing to see here.
Phil Jones

To busy to read notes without scores or walk back to the coach section.

As Wes surmised, he should be charged for the scores.

Reminds me, I’ve been meaning to say something… :wink:

And for 2K you will give it to him in advance.

3 Likes

OP said:

A day later, a comment on the note is posted:

I’m guessing you liked the wine but > I don’t waste time > reading a review with no numerical score. Did you like it a lot (93) or just a little (86)? It’s not complicated, it mirrors your grammar school grades: A = 90 and above, B = 80-89, C = 70-79… below that is “Dislike.”

I hope this dude isn’t a Berserker. The comment seems very condescending and seems to be shaming me for not providing a score to go with my, apparently, meaningless note.

. . then . .

For those of us as speaks English, the wording of the quote above goes very, very far beyond “admitting that he looks at the numbers.”

“I’ll drink it, because it contains alcohol. But, since I have the palate of a yak, I need a score to tell me how much I’m enjoying it.”

I use ABC only with + and -. Does not tell me all that much but if it’s a C-, I won’t buy it again.

This guy gets it:
Screenshot_20211119-205433_CellarTracker.jpg
All score, no note baby!!

I think I’ll post a bunch of scoreless notes on wines he drinks. [stirthepothal.gif]

2 Likes