SF Restaurants

I’d do Quince. If you want a more over-the-top experience, Saison, Coi, Benu, or Sons & Daughters

Forgot about them. This is a good option too. Up for a James Beard award as well.

Ate at Rich Table last night and had a fantastic meal. Corkage waived on a bottle if you buy a bottle of the list.

Benu - great meals from Cory Lee (former chef at TFL).

+1 on Spruce. Had a great meal there last year.

going to do Boulevard and RN74. Thanks for the suggestions.
alan

Glad to see Kokkari as the first restaurant recommended. This is where I take friends first, whenever I am in the City. Unbelievable…

Going to Rich Table tonight

We stop at Kokkari each time we are in town. Had a goat stew there last week that was off the charts

The goat stew is good.

commonwealth last week was superb.

let me know what you think. one set of friends loved the tasting menu and another had mixed reviews. I definitely want to try it!

Glad to see Kokkari as the first restaurant recommended. This is where I take friends first, whenever I am in the City. Unbelievable…[/quote]

We stop at Kokkari each time we are in town. Had a goat stew there last week that was off the charts[/quote]

The goat stew is good.[/quote]

I don’t even like goat and I thought that goat stew was amazing. Its not a menu staple though. Wasn’t there last time we went. I love their ribeye.

Had to cancel on Rich Table to take care of nieces unexpectedly.

Check out this story on Saison. The most expensive meal in the bay area:

At Saison, Joshua Skenes and Mark Bright take a casual approach to the extreme, at least where the interior is concerned. The floors are concrete and the barn-like ceiling is crisscrossed with heating ducts, some wrapped in shiny silver insulation. The barrier-less kitchen spills out into the dining room, but if you’re at one table, you’ll be looking directly at a wall of stainless steel refrigeration units.

In addition, the restaurant is on Townsend Street between 2nd and 3rd, near AT&T Park — and there’s no valet parking in one of the most densely populated areas during the Giants season. No diners are allowed to be seated until the entire party arrives, and the 18-20 course meal is $298; wine pairings add another $148. So it’s also the most expensive restaurant in the Bay Area.

Saison could be the poster child for the anti-luxury restaurant and our continual slide in to casual dining. Yet the plating, glassware and quality of the food is as luxurious as you can find. It’s a strange, perplexing juxtaposition.

It’s almost pretentious in its visible lack of pretension. It will either fall flat, or be the harbinger of a new trend of casual luxury dining.

Will be there beginning of June. Have reservations for Gitane and for Sons and Daughters. Staying at St. Francis on Star wood. I asked for a paid upgrade in higher floor tower, hope they have something available, otherwise it’s a shitty hotel. At least it’s walking distance to the restaurants.

I like Coi. I think it might be my favorite in SF.
A step above Michael Mina and Atelier Crenn to me.
FWIW.

I liked my first meal at the old Saison much better than the second one (the fact that it was $100 cheaper didn’t factor into it). never thought a meal could have too much Unami but this last one did.

Anyone been to Gary Danko lately?

I also was wondering why Danko wasn’t mentioned. Any opinions?

See here:San Francisco Restaurant - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers