SF/Peninsula Offline May 8 - Sole

Ok, you’re on the list.
It was the Speedos, wasn’t it…

Against my better judgement, I can make the 8th…

If George brings those 10 bottles and DOESN’T jump out of a cake in his Speedos (please, no! [beg.gif] [shock.gif] ), I suggest we cover George’s dinner.

Cover it with what? If I take a bathroom break I’m taking my plate with me.

That’s it.
I’m spiking George’s wine with Coke when he goes to the bathroom.
Looking forward to his assessment of wine.

This Burgundy tastes like a Russian River pinot noir. Spike Craig’s with root beer to get the same reaction.

It’ll taste like some of that Meiomi Blue Slide Ridge.

If you’re referring to the wine I opened two days ago, it was a 2007 Marcassin – not Meomi – Blue Slide and I thought it was pure yummy.

Candied rat vomit in a velvet glove. :wink:

Shall I wear it for ya? neener

Also we need to go back to Sole at some point. I recently went there and the server remembered me from our group and provided some great service. Even gave me a free glass of wine [wow.gif]

We agree on its lack of sophistication or complexity but we’ll agree to disagree on what I saw as sweet deliciousness. The last Marcassin I had before that one was a 2011 Estate and it was sweeter and simpler than this, the worst Marcassin I’ve had, so maybe my bar was low.

Thanks for tipping me off as to what Larry’s going to cover my dinner with, and what Dan will put in my pinot. I’ll be on the lookout for them tiptoeing around holding velvet gloves.

It usually requires rubber gloves.

I’ll give Sole a call since they always treat us nice and they’re due in our rotation.

Ok, secured res for May 8 at 6:30 at Sole.
They’re looking forward to having us!

So you didn’t tell them George would be there?

I’m not on the attendees list.

I can take a hint.

I’m trying to avert a restaurant shutdown.

Was just trying to save you from George’s eye patch.

I’ll want two patches if George shows up in Speedos.

Is this the cannibal restaurant again?

It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience!