SF/Peninsula Offline June 5 - Donato

For wine theme, I think George should pay penance and bring 9 bottles of Grand Cru.
No more of this lowly 1er Cru nonsense.

My wife may be interested in attending… [help.gif]

Is there a limit to how many can be seated in the front area?

And are we going with the usual theme of no theme at all, and no guidelines/suggestions on relative value of what people will bring?

You’re screwed… (Rubbing hands together with grin)

And you realize we’re going to act as if this is the first time you’ve showed up to one of these [wow.gif]

What wines does your wife like? We’ll make sure to bring those [cheers.gif]

She knows I’ve been attending these. Told me to stop pretending I’m meeting with vendors or clients.

Oh, and she likes DRC. La Tache in particular… pileon

Half kidding (she does like La Tache). She likes champers most, but is open to most anything that’s “good”. Her palate is decent enough where she invariably can tell if a wine is better than daily drinker status.

Great thanks Dan.

I’ll stop by the Whole Foods that’s just around the corner and try to pick up a six pack of that Latachie stuff or whatever else they have that sounds fancy.

It’s unanimous.
Gene’s bringing La Tache.

(don’t let us stand in the way of maximizing your wife’s first OL experience with us)

Maximizing the experience would mean getting rid of a bunch of youse… :stuck_out_tongue:

By putting us there, isn’t Donato taking a chance that we may scare potential customers away?

The area just inside the front entrance is the lobby. They’re putting us in the lobby and telling other customers we are homeless people waiting for the restaurant to close. That’s when we get the leftovers. Win win.

Less is more! newhere

Well, if you twist my arm… will pool with Richard.

What’s Craig’s excuse?

I have to oil my bassoon that night.

Golly!

I forgot, I have to paraffin my piccolo.

Never mind, I can do it at the table.

Now Craig is changing his story…he told me it was something to do with racoon mating season.

So he needs to oil his raccoon?

I would’ve thought muskrat when it came to Craig…