SF Bay Area/Peninsula March 4 OL - Yuzu

Trading California rolls for tekka maki and kappa maki (or others) would be a good change in my opinion.

With respect to Tempura, there are lots of non-shrimp options, and no need to avoid shrimp entirely.

Sounds good to me

I’m mildly allergic to crustaceans too but am open to whatever works for the group

I am out of town March 2-11 snowboarding in Utah. If it ends up being after that I’m in… Already unhappy I’m missing the Ridge Montebello event. I donated my tickets to the group.

BTW: George, I visited Birichino on Sunday afternoon and spent two hours with John Locke tasting through their full lineup. Impressive stuff. Birichino’s new tasting room is right near Pono Hawaiin grill and the Pacific Ave parking garage in downtown Santa Cruz. Super nice fellow and ALL the wines were exciting. The Malvasia Bianca is now a new favorite.

Sean

Yep. No need to drive up the price and no need to avoid all things some people can’t eat. I’m fine eating more of some things and less or none of others to accommodate others getting enough to eat of what they can eat.

Ok- updated the post.

Gene - I forget - was there a cap for that room?

There is, but not sure how many. I texted the owner to see if March 4th is available, and how many people we can get in there.

Ack!
I’m working that Sunday !
Gonna try to switch…
shit.

Re cap - I personally like capping at ten people.

Are you also working on the 18th?

(Post deleted, no longer accurate, I’m plus one if available)

So are we still targeting the 4th, or shifting to 18th?

We are confirmed for the 4th.

Keep the 4th.

My wifey is interested in attending. Doc, what about your better half?

I’ll check.

Would older Bordeaux not go with Yuzu food?

I could ask if there’s a beef course he could make as a pairing for it. But usually the only Japanese cuisine I’d associate as a good pairing for BDX would be steak, tataki or yakiniku, and all of those typically aren’t priced cheap.

Hmmm.
I have a 96 l’Evangile to try…

Since it’s an older Pomerol I’d suggest pairing with mushrooms; have had success with that in the past

Any theme or anything goes?

Will have to sit this one out - Sundays + Peninsula are tough. Have fun, everyone!

It appears I have a friend’s birthday party to go to, and he has 1963 Port, so I’m out.