Self made cellars

I love that stone work. Kudos to you and your mason!

2 Likes

I turned a kitchen that was once part of an in-law, into the wine cellar. Used Bordex racks and Whisperkool unit to maximize the amount of bottles to the space. Holds about 1500 bottles.

6 Likes

Welcome to my makeshift cellar until I have the time and money to get it done right. Stays between 58 and 65 most of the year.

5 Likes

These are amazing, I’m so jealous. I don’t have space to build something but hope to one day!

1 Like

I have an arbitrary $100 bottle purchase price to get into my fridge, and Detert’s “regular” cab franc doesn’t make the cut! (But it is still special :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

My purely utilitarian crawl space cellar. Truly a crawl space. Stays between 58-65 degrees. I must say it was a lot easier when I was younger.

5 Likes

Great use of space! Don’t let advancing age slow you down…

Mechanic Creeper Car Shop Creepers - Garage Automotive Accessories Best for Auto Floor Low Profile 40" Crawler Roller Mechanics Tools… https://a.co/d/aDgqlzi

2 Likes

Harsh reality :wink:

1 Like

That’s not a window a/c, it’s a Cellarpro cooling unit.

1 Like

In the latter stages of converting our very unused guest room into a wine storage and hangout space… converted the closet to hold a EuroCave Revelation and an Artevino III - Cooling fans on the left side are keeping it nice and cool on the inside. Not the cellar I had previously envisioned… no spot really made sense in our house for one but this is working quite well so far!

7 Likes

That’s pretty slick looking - nice work on the install! And presumably pretty easy to convert back to a closet if you ever decide to move.

Took the area under the stairs for my cellar… Still a work in progress but everyday I think to myself… How can I cram more in here :rofl::rofl:

Do I spy a collection of Fireball minis on your bar cart? :smile:

1 Like

You have wine fridges in your “cellar”? Whats the temperature in the room with those running? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Looks great! which wall mounted vertical racks are you using?

I didn’t think anyone would catch the fireball. :laughing: the bar cart has actually become an annoyance as I look to maximize space now

I actually used the Vintage View racks. Found them on wineracksofamerica website but they ended up being a slightly better deal on Amazon depending on the “size” you need. I went with( 2) 54 bottle racks .

1 Like

Thanks! looking for a couple racks like this for overflow storage… I’ll check those out

Can you tell me more about those plastic and metal racks next to the Fireball? It looks like a pretty flexible system that I’d like to take a closer look at before I buy racking for my cellar.

That is the “Nook” racking system. I found it on Wine Racks Of America as well. It worked perfect for my space because I was so limited on what would fit precisely in the space .You can customize the size to your space since it is modular. if I remember correctly this rack is for 110 bottles and is extremely sturdy( they sell wall anchors/ stabilizers for it as well) . I am secretly scheming on how I can fit another one in the room somewhere.

2 Likes