Seeking an Under-40's Tasting Group North Bay SF

Young bald guys should be discouraged too!

The problem with you old farts is you might bring awesome wine, but it’s stuff we often can’t afford anymore. To someone growing a cellar that is not as useful . . .

I like the all female wine tasting group (except for me) idea better, whether they have hair or not!

Oh wait, I’m an old guy! But not very bald at all.

Wait…the under 40’s is the age restriction for the tasting group? I naturally assumed the UF Gator in his avatar implied an IQ restriction.

neener

I would counter that he got just the response he was hoping for. Anyone whose first line of his post says, “Yes, you read it right…” in reference to his thread title, is looking to get his itch scratched.

Dadgummit! I was just joshin’ the youngun’. No need for anybody to get their knickers in a knot.

guy is just trying to be humorous and lighten the mood. I don’t think he expected everyone to think it was an ageist sexist rant. Like Rick said sometimes you want to hang out with your own demographic who have similar interests outside of wine.

It worked! I think the thread (and its spin-offs) is hilarious.

Charlie - I think many of us were having fun with it. The guy goes out with a right jab at just about every group here that is not exactly like him, and many of came back in same. If you will note Mr. Tuite’s comment that he was ALMOST feeling sorry for him, and how incredulous I was in my response, I think you will get it. You know the players, here. Mr. Welch’s suggestion of a den mother was about the best. What else would you expect from him?

I was certainly having fun with it. The original post raised the age question which opened the door for comments from all ages. I have know problem with the concept. I only feel sorry for four of my kids. They are all over 40. Only one of my kids qualifies :slight_smile:

LOL, I just saw that! Some of us Gators sport IQs in the high 40s, FWIW. And living in Florida, we may be 49.75 but look, act and drink like we are 25, always below the IQ level.

BTW, I have no issues with what the OP is attempting to do, but it is decidely bad judgment to post it on a website with an aging population of sensitive people. [wow.gif]

It’s Berserkers grouphug no segregation allowed. Unless of course you drink Burgundy. [wink.gif]

Somebody a little bit jealous? Go drown your sorrows in a 2018 cab. Pathetic.

He’s kidding. Everyone knows the oldest man alive posts over there.

He’s actually not kidding. And I don’t really give a crap. Not sure who is drinking the mish mosh of mediocre wines, but he doth protest too much.

It’s this guy:

Lol craig- very well done.

Hey – I’m assuming he got deluged with PM’s from guys under 40, he decided which ones were lucky enough to pass through the velvet rope and they’re privately setting up a huge offline for themselves.

It’s possible.

I got in. I sent him my Tinder profile picture as proof of age.

We all know Ashley Madison is the only legit dating site! flirtysmile

Christiangrinder.com and jdatefarmerharmony.com are my preferred sites.

I’m under 40, but I use base 14.

All I can say is that when one passes 40, one realizes it really is just a number. Most of us old folks can actually participate in typical discussions about wine, food, sports, cars, houses, current events, etc… Though if you’re meeting before the Kendrick Lamar show I might have to pass.

I actually think it’s fine for the guy to try and get whatever group he wants going. But when you make the ageist and sexist remarks publicly, you’d better be ready for some return snark. I also think a lot of entertaining and inviting in the wine world involves reciprocity being exclusionary isn’t a plus.