Security question

Is this a function of the new software or did this always happen and my upgraded security software is just now catching it? How/why is blueballs.mlblogs.com trying to connect from this website?

“chrome is trying to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to blueballs.mlblogs.com

1 Like

I will check on this, no clue what that one is

If any help, it popped up as soon as I opened the SF Giants thread.

Not able to replicate it with any browser, or hear from anyone else - might have been a rogue extension in your browser? Do you have extensions installed?

1 Like

looks like this old post embedded a picture from that domain, but it’s now 404:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/t/2021-nl-west-champion-san-francisco-giants/1284/19?u=ju1ian_dev1in

1 Like

Thanks, Julian, that’s some pro-level sleuthing there! So if I understand correctly, opening that thread caused it to try to get that picture from a 404’d site/some other certificate issue and that triggered the warning? I’ve been getting a lot more invalid certificate notices lately it seems like.

Thanks to both of you and the rest of the team for all the hard work on the switch. Now that I’m getting more familiar with it, I like it, and and all the real-time answers and tips have been very helpful. Still would like the colored fonts to better distinguish read/unread threads :grinning:

it’s something like that yes - although for a security product to flag something simply because it doesn’t respond would be surprising to me since links break all the time. the domain is likely on a list and is noticed despite not responding…

1 Like