Seattle wine dinner 6/26

Put me down as a +1, my wife will be able to attend as well.

I had made plans to attend the Yamhill-Carlton Roadshow on the 27. Two events in two days is too many, but put me on the waiting list just in case.

P Hickner

Shoot I’m getting dates confused. I just get back after 10 days in EU. We are unfortunately out for this one. Hope to get together next time!

Didn’t know you’d moved, Cindy—hope you’re settling in there. I’ve met a few of the guys on this post, absolutely terrific group. And you guys—you are in for a treat when you meet Cindy! Glad you will be able to get together.

All best and enjoy!

Mike

Thanks Mike for the endorsement.

I’ve made a reservation for 10 at Nordstrom Grill (500 Pine St) and confirmed with them that they have zero corkage.
The only issue is we can only stay until 9pm when Nordstrom closes. I will update the start time to 6:30pm so we have time to really enjoy the wine, food and conversations without feeling rushed.

Feel free to let others know what you will be bringing - no theme for the first get-together but it’d be fun to do some comparisons.

Sadly I am unexpectedly going to be out of town for the first half of next week and will be unable to attend. Please do keep me in mind for future events. I will have to save something special for the next time. Have fun everyone!

Sounds great Cindy, looking forward to it! Thanks for putting in the work to get this set-up.

Don’t know exactly what we’ll bring, but more likely a white and an older red.

I am starting a new cellar here so no older stuff yet.

Summer is finally here in Seattle, I am bringing Champagne - Ulysse Collin Extra Brut Blanc de Noirs Les Maillons. Looking forward to meeting new friends next week.

Looks like you might have room for me?
I’m not great with Mondays but I’ll do my best.

Thanks Cindy for organizing the dinner! It would be great if Jim can make it. Looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Hal

Thanks for setting this up, Lauren is going to be fashionably late due to another commitment, but I’ll be there at 6:30. We’ll dig through the cellar this weekend and pick something out!

Hopefully you haven’t added 2 or 3 folks without updating this :wink:
My wife will be joining us.

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

Btw, if anyone sees this message and can bring extra stems, please do. I forgot them this morning.

Great night of meeting new friends and this crew was rockin’

We had…

Ulysse Collin Les Maillons 2012
The Eyrie Chardonnay Reserve 2007
Huet Clos du Bourg Demi-Sec 2005
Foreau Demi-Sec 2005
Nicholas Potel Volnay Clos des Chenes 2005
Rhys Family Farm Pinot Noir 2007
Leonetti Sangiovese 2000 - flawed
Paloma Merlot 1999
winedinnerSEA.jpg

How was the Huet? I’m yet to have an aha moment with the winery.

Thanks to Cindy for organizing a fun evening! Thanks to everyone for the wines and good cheer!

Cheers,

Hal

Yes thanks again, we had a great time!

Re: the Huet, I really enjoyed it but I have a pretty high tolerance for acid, I think the consensus was that the Foreau was more integrated and seamless and that maybe the Clos du Bourg still needed some time for the acid and fruit to knit together.

Yah, thanks Cindy for organizing and finding the nice quiet spot, glad you’re up north now. :smiley: