Seattle Restaurants Recommendation

RockCreek and Stateside are worth a trip.

Yes, RockCreek is damn good.

Any more downtown recommendations?

Funny you should ask. We’re moving and wrestling over fancy (Café Juanita) or casual gastropub (Bell and Whete).

Shockingly, Café Juanita is booked for several days :smiley:

Have you done Girin? just make sure there isn’t a ballgame.

We sat at the bar at Siska and Spruce. You can buy some apps by the ounce. We liked it but it is a foodie restaurant. Etta near Pikes Market was excellent-great seafood.

Went to Spinasse last night and it was fantastic. This thread was a huge help.

you can’t go wrong with Spinasse.

Nice! The mothership called? ChrisCap’s favorite place is La Spiga; we used to do a bunch of LT events in their loft (holds ~30 people).

AK

Almost 2 years later, my now 12 year old still periodically reminds us of how good their Tajarin with butter is. [cheers.gif]

New place I recommend: Eden Hill.

Look it up. Make a reso. Small. Passionate team. Delish.

I have a visit to Seattle for 3 nights with my wife next month. Staying near Pike Market. Any updates on good eateries? Looking to make some reservations. We’re from Colorado, so all things seafood sound good to us, but wouldn’t rule anything out.
Thanks.

Din Tai Fung (expect a wait, but worth it)
Sushi Kashiba (have not been, but heard/read really good things)
Matt’s in the Market
Le Pichet
Cafe Campagne

I am not familiar with Din Tai Fung (though have heard good things). Sushi Kashiba was fantastic (though pricey). Matt’s is also excellent. I would put Le Pichet and Cafe Campagne as also excellent, but not fancy amazing meals like you will get at Sushi Kashiba and Matts. I can’t think of anything else to highly recommend that is near the market other than these already listed.

Din Tai Fung is a Taiwanese chain that specializes in soup dumplings. It’s good, but not very Seattle. It’s also in a shopping mall. Second Matt’s, Sushi Kashiba and Le Pichet. All are very good and very close. Lecosho, owned by the original Matt, is also good.

For seafood, especially oysters, Elliott’s is surprisingly good. Wine list is crappy and it’s touristy, but they get first rate seafood. On the Waterfront, too. If you wander down to Pioneer Square, Taylor Shellfish has a spot. Nirmal’s is good Indian. London Plane is also very good.

Din Tai Fung is a Taiwanese chain that specializes in soup dumplings. It’s good, but not very Seattle.

I’m usually pretty closely aligned with Scott’s advice, but have to agree with this comment, having had DTF on multiple continents :wink: There is zero chance I’d go to Bellevue for DTF, given all of the option in Seattle. I’d much sooner catch a cab to hit Café Juanita, which has never ceased to amaze me. Will be back in Nov and provide an update. First stop will be my favorite place with a view of Showgirls :wink:

He doesn’t’t have To go to Bellevue, there is one in Pacific Place now. neener

U Village too I think.

And Southcenter. This place is lousy with DTF.

I was going to recommend Nell’s, but it’s in Greenlake and not very near Pike Place Market. For consistency, any one of Tom Douglas’ restaurants are very good (my favorites are Palace Kitchen, Lola, and Dahlia Lounge). All are pretty close to PPM.