Seattle Offline - January 18, 2020

We are getting crowded, so I have wait listed you for now, but I imagine that you will get in fairly shortly.

No problem I have added Carol.

I think I agree, but we should clarify ‘Flights’.
I don’t have the room, or glasses to do formal flights. But if, as I think you mean, we group the wines 3, 4, or 5 at a time and stage them to the crowd so most folks can get a shot at a small pour, I would agree. So for example for whites, I am imaging we will have a Muscadet group, a dry Chenin grouping, possibly a Sauvignon grouping and maybe a few Demi/aged Moelleux Chenin wines. I that what you are thinking as well?

For glasses, be aware I have enough for everybody to get ONE decent machine made bordeaux, burgundy, or variant stem, with some probably lesser quality extras for folks who want a second glass. I strongly encourage you to bring 1 or 2, or more versatile glasses of your choosing.

By “flights” I meant grouping similar wines, and drinking from the groups in a logical order; usually from lightest to richest. That could put off-dry whites after reds.
I didn’t mean everyone sitting down at once with a set of glassware. That takes a lot of room as well as stemware. We talked about having flights the last time, and I feel I should have insisted, as it turned into a bit of a scrum.

I love the idea of flights but that require everyone to arrive at the same time (or arrive in the correct order :wink:).

Haha

This sounds like a fun event. Could you please add me (1) on the wait list below Bryan and Lauren?

I have some options and could bring either a Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Gamay, or perhaps Cab Franc.

Gents,

The kids’ soccer and basketball scheduling bastards have struck again. Four soccer/basketball games Saturday and three Sunday. Moral of the story is do not let your two daughters play both AAU basketball and Premier soccer at the same time! Last time I miss my absolute favorite region, the Northern Rhone and now I’m missing my third favorite. I’m sure the wine gods will make sure I’m available for the “Recently Released Napa Valley Over-Oaked Cab Night!”

Enjoy the wines and more importantly, the company.

Thanks Jared, we’ll catch up one of these days. Can’t help much with the Napa cab but open to N Rhône anytime.

Okay so we are less than 2 weeks out and we have a waitlist, so please do let us know if you need to drop.
Del, you had a tentative guest - Dave - can you confirm him?

I will start a food list in the 1st post. Food contributions welcome.
I’ll do a big pot of something - no idea what yet - but it won’t be vege and probably won’t appeal to everyone.

Hi Jim,

Sorry for being absent in this thread. Confirming on my own behalf. I have a friend who is also interested in coming, and has a sizable cellar to pull from. Given the wait list though, I do understand if he must get in line.

So just a reminder - do let me know if you cannot make it - we have a large number of attendees and a wait list.
And, please do let us know what if any food you will be bringing.

Also - I have been meaning to let people know - we do have a dog.
She is short haired and does not shed a lot, and we will try to keep her mainly out of the fray.
But is you have a severe allergy, or a concern about animals, please be aware.

Jim, could you please PM the group your address? also start time?

thank you!

Mark, who’s this Jay guy you’re asking the address for? [wink.gif]

Hey Jim, by chance could I get your address?

I’m going to bring some crab cakes

I’ll also be bringing a Savennières

I’ve been working through a couple Ottolenghi cookbooks I got for Christmas - I’ll bring my new favorite carrot side dish for food. And I managed to pick up an older bottle of Olga Raffault Les Picasses.

Jim - please PM me your address as well. Thanks

Ugh! haha was at another beer event earlier in the day and met a person named Jay.

my brain became half functional after my daughter… then my son came along… [head-bang.gif]
[wow.gif]

Oh will bring a Huet 1er Trie Molleux… and a white burgundy.

Very on brand, also I’m not complaining! w burg is my fav :smiley:

Will bring the following food/wine:

• Bread and dips (various hummus)
  • Another appetizer/snack TBD
  • 2010 Olga Raffault Chinon La Singuliere (Cab Franc)
  • 2014 Pépière Clos de Briords (Magnum)
  • 2015 Francois Chidaine Baudoin (back-up bottle)

Jim, thanks again for hosting and providing address. See you Saturday!

Ryan, what vintage of the Raffault?
In order that I do not duplicate

I am thinking of bringing:
89 L d’or luneau Papin
90 Couly dutheuil
Foood is undecided yet. Maybe some gratin or some bread and pate/rillettes.

Looking forward to it!

Maybe we should have done Jura given the snow [whistle.gif]

We’ll bring baguettes, rillettes, and cheese; unless anyone demands a repeat of the lamb sandwich.