Schrader, worth it?

Would your group happen to consist of those dentists from the Trident commercial?

[quoteNo wine from anywhere is really worth $260.

But if you like the style and you have money to burn . . .][/quote] Agree. I just did a golf membership at a very good course for my son, daughter and I for less than $2,000 for a year. I will get way more enjoyment on that than less than a case of Shrader.

1 Like

Does anyone know the current length of the Schrader waiting list?

I got on November 2017.
First offer was this month.

I signed up September 2018. This is also my first offer.

Even though I appreciated the mailer, Iā€™ll have to pass. Iā€™ve believe that Carter and Macdonald already satisfy the To Kalon part of my cellar.

The mailing list price for several vintages was $150. Latest vintage was $175. Much less than Schrader mailer, comparing apples to apples.

I just bought Figeac, VCC and Chaveā€¦

But, I did have that series of $100 Wine.com coupons!

I was referring to someone not in the list (highly doubtful someone not on the list) getting it for under $200.

So does the OP pay $260 for Schrader or $400 -$500 (Iā€™m guessing ) for MacDonald?

1 Like

Cripes. I had no idea Figeac had become so expensive. I guess Rolland is costly!

Not a fair comparison. Schrader makes thousands of cases of wine each year and getting on the list is not difficult nor is buying excess allocations from existing lits members. McDonald on the other hand makes under 400 cases and is virtually impossible to get on the list now. List members do not have excess allocations and very few resell their wine except for Hammer

I simply answered the question of ā€œhow does one get MacDonald for under $200 a bottle?ā€ It was a mailing list price comparison, not an analysis of scarcity, demand, production or anything else.

Even pre-Rolland Figeac is $300! Look at the 2010.

Crazy I know, but it is a killer wine.

I share (at cost) one of my MacDonald wines with a Berserker. My other bottles are resting in my cellar.

dh