Schrader caution

About time to end this string.

BUT they can’t do it on the WS site because they do not have to use real names . . . just to tie in another thread.

Tell that to the elite group that gets to purchase DRC direct from the domain, or from numerous other highly acclaimed Burgundy houses. “World’s best” is a judgment call. Some of us put those Burgundy domains in the class, others put Schrader, SQN, Harlan, and others in the class. But to say it is a uniquely American phenomenon is a bit of a stretch.

But DRC actually taste good!
Nobody here in Europe (or only a few) bragg about any american wine
Actually we do not bragg…

Well, I cannot fault you for truffles and anytime you wish to send a panettone my way, be my guest!

C’mon, it’s just getting started! [cheers.gif] I doubt it’ll ever get to PC length, but there are important questions this raises about free speech and the American way, oh, and the seasonality of white truffles.

I have not read this whole thread, but it seems odd to me to sell wine to people and then get pissed at them for them choosing do to with it what they please…

Works well when the market is hot, but when things turn (and they always do from time to time) it may come back to haunt you.

Was it a clearly stated policy of theirs that you could not resell their wines, or maybe could not resell them at a markup? If so, then it seems straightforward enough to all concerned. I commend Dan for keeping a level head about it.

For now, it looks like I’m one of a few elite Berserkers that can sell schrader on this board. [wink.gif]

If anyone wants to sell their schrader, let me know. I’ll be more than happy to offer it (blind) for trade or sale. [whistle.gif]

Since they went back a while, I wonder who else on the board received the e mail.

Good point, Bill. Thus Trader Jose should likewise be Trader Pepe!

There were 7 vintages at that point. That’s pretty decent in dog years! [shock.gif]

I generally agree, but this is Schrader. Until Chinese buyers and major wine collectors go out of style, which won’t be happening anytime soon, they’ll be fine.

Claus, your post is so idiotic should not even have a response, but I will bite.

DRC and Pinot Noir is not for everyone.
Different wines for different palates.
Schrader wines are out of this world for my palate. The closest substitute for a Schrader Cabernet is a Merlot from Italy called Masseto. Both wines incredibly intense, yet not over the top.
And the reason why Europeans do not drink US wines is taxes.

Otto. I liken RM Panek to a baby Schrader and they taste so damn good regardless of the haters.

Yeh that Fred said the “reaching out to you” part bugs me. IMO that phrase is usually associated with trying to reach an agreement or amiable conclusion about some issue. i.e. - willingness to discuss an issue…

Like maybe “stop selling my wines if they are not out yet”. Winemaking to me is an art and Fred may be taking the road that “my art needs to reach appreciating customers”. Then the OP has an option to say “I get ya and I’ll move on or start drinking them again” But Fred owns the product and has the right to decide who to sell to so this one didn’t end well.

No worries it’s hyper ripe Cabernet not DRC [cheers.gif]

What I don’t understand is why the OP would be free to send his Schrader to WineBid, HDH, Zachy’s, Spectrum, or any other place but he can’t sell it here. Does Schrader have an injunction against all auction sites and houses? (that’s a facetiously rhetorical question)

I say if you buy a wine, you can sell the damn thing, whatever the market allows. But if you pre-sell a wine, that shows that you had no intention of tasting that wine. So yeah, I agree with Mr. Schrader that you should move along, and pick up some extra hours worth of work for extra dollars.

Again, it is not like someone buys a wine and then sells the remaining stash. Not this case at all.

Mr. Schrader may not have worded the market price correctly, but his post is on the mark. The $175 and $400 for his wines are bellow market value. I do not know what the market value of a Schrader is, but as long as they sell for more than release price, it has to be higher.

Most wines sell at market, or equilibrium price, that is, they sell all at a price where the whole quantity is sold, and you cannot resell at a higher price. Schrader wines are not sold at that price. Not even close to that. If you do not believe that, take a look at how many posters wish that their Schrader prices to stay put.

Mr. Klapp’s posts regarding Schrader profits from auctions are simply idiotic. Yeah, selling all your bottles for $400 per makes less sense than selling them for $175 and then get a nice premium on a few cases!!! [swearing.gif]

I just want the boxes.
schrader.jpg

Looks like (though I have been drinking all night) all the Schrader ads in Commerce are bye-bye.

We stumbled across their shop in Torino last year. Not bad, though it didn’t seem overly popular with customers in October.