Saxum Summer 2020 Release

I made the list a couple of releases ago and have been buying. I have learned I prefer their white over the reds, but no whites this release. If I skip a release, do I move to the back of the line?

I have no doubt that these are fantastic wines. One of these days…

I have buying for > 10 years. I always took everything that I was offered. That was usually a case in the Spring and a case in the Fall, once in a while, a magnum or two. Since
they’ve added more wines, I’ve been offered little more, but I’m trying to stay at the same level. They’ve told me that missing a release or buying less than you are offered doesn’t affect you if it’s an occasional thing, but I think you need a track record.

And they just released their first white wine, ever (as far as I know). I’ve heard that it is great, but I’m sitting on my two bottles cause there isn’t any more.

I skipped a release a year or so ago and was not only offered wine again, but Justin also gave me two bottles of the Gratias.

This has been awhile but I bought from Vintages 2003-2012 (ish). Skipped a release, bought next one, skipped following one and was then dropped without notice. It wasn’t a huge deal to me as I was fazing down, but I did think after my long early history some kind of contact would have been appropriate. Opened my eyes to one way relationships.

Yeah, I ordered two of the whites at the original offer and then drank one early. I emailed and asked if they had more and Justin hooked me up with two more bottles. I would have bought six but he needed to spread it around.

That makes me feel better!
Quite a few mags here too, but I’ve consumed many of them too.
We visited/tasted with Justin 3 years ago and I mentioned I still had a 2005 JB 44 (extended aging) and asked if they planned on doing any more. He told us about the upcoming 2015 Rocket Block and the pulled the 2005 JB 44 out of one of the “pipes” in the cellar and opened it for us to taste - it was really spectacular and he was very generous to open it. I plan on continuing to purchase the extended age bottles when available.

Anybody want mine just reach out. I get a good allocation including mags and I’m outta work now after a COVID-19 Force Majeure release from my contact.

PM sent.

Sorry to hear this Glenn. Be well. [cheers.gif]

+1
Take care Doc

I might also be passing, please PM me if you are interested

Sorry to hear that. Thinking positive thoughts.

Thx guys. It’s not like we can’t put food on the table. Many are way less fortunate than we are.

I’ve only been waiting on an allocation for maybe 3.5-4 years. I’m guessing I have a few more years to go?

Am I too optimistic in thinking that all the current economic issues might cause more folks than normal to drop from the list?

i’ll be at 6 years next month. hoping i get on the list for this release but fingers aren’t crossed at this point.

• y

I am not sure what kind of offer I will be receiving, but if I don’t buy the full allocation, I am willing to share. If I receive any magnums, you are welcome to all of them. I am in SoCal.

Order in
I left Hexe and Rocket on the table

Got some Hoage.

In. Between Shafer, this, Aubert and Rivers Marie, this is shaping up to be an expensive month.