Saxum Fall 2017 Release

i think he can figure things out on his own, but thanks for the armchair winemaking.

I took what I could this time around. Love these wines.

Justin

Please please keep the white away from heavy oak, there are so many oak heavy whites we dont need another one. Be great if you could have it driven by minerality with minimal oak and none of the heavy richness that for some reason people seem to want in Cali Chards. Keep on knocking it our of the park with the reds, they get better and better[/quote]
i think he can figure things out on his own, but thanks for the armchair winemaking.[/quote]

James

Your a dick, but then again as you say i do state the obvious

i think he can figure things out on his own, but thanks for the armchair winemaking.[/quote]

James

Your a dick, but then again as you say i do state the obvious[/quote]

Now now boys, it’s all in good fun! grouphug

I like my whites with a touch of wood, but not fat. I drink lots of Chablis but also like an old school Cali chard like Mt Eden… We shall see how it comes out but I’m going to try and thread the needle of richness and racy minerality… I will be barrel fermenting, but in thick stave 600L demi muids, one new and one used (coming from Dagueneau, good juju!!).

Cheers y’all,

Justin

Justin,

Any release plans in the near future for a “RoundUp Rose”? Inquiring minds…

BTW, VERY MUCH looking forward to your upcoming white and EBA projects…

Ron, unfortunately your attempt at naming the wines did not make it past the committee [snort.gif] and there is no production of Rose to be seen around here! [bye.gif]

Thanks for the allocation.

There used to be Chard at JBV, no? Has that all be replanted?

Any release plans in the near future for a “RoundUp Rose”? Inquiring minds…

BTW, VERY MUCH looking forward to your upcoming white and EBA projects…[/quote]

Ron, unfortunately your attempt at naming the wines did not make it past the committee [snort.gif] and there is no production of Rose to be seen around here! [bye.gif][/quote]

Good !! Saxum Rose, that would be like Guinness Ultra, 3 Cyl Fuel efficient Muscle car, zero alcohol Pappy Van Winkle, tobacco free Cohiba’s. Somethings are just not meant to exist and Saxum Rose is one of them, already weird theres a white coming out

Ron, unfortunately your attempt at naming the wines did not make it past the committee [snort.gif] and there is no production of Rose to be seen around here! [bye.gif][/quote]

Good !! Saxum Rose, that would be like Guinness Ultra, 3 Cyl Fuel efficient Muscle car, zero alcohol Pappy Van Winkle, tobacco free Cohiba’s. Somethings are just not meant to exist and Saxum Rose is one of them, already weird theres a white coming out[/quote]

alan- you need to rethink your vision of rosé. i f sqn can do a full throttle/high quality rosé, it’s not outside the realm of reasonableness to say Saxum could do the same.

Justin,

Wondering if Anthony will still be getting Roussanne from there or if you will be using all of it now?

Also, I gotta let you know that I’ve been purchasing some of Copains roussanne from your vineyard from the mid 2000s and they are Rocking! Do you have any? If so, let em rip!

Cheers.

All replanted or grafted over.

Hey Larry,

Anthony, Cris, and Guilluame will all still be getting our JBV Roussanne, just a little less than previously! I haven’t tried a Copain JBV Roussanne in many a years (Cris gets that bloack now), I’ll have to dig around in the cellar, I think I have a few left. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you for the reply and for the clarification. I’m sure all three of them are quite happy to at least get some, and it will be fun for you to play around with it as well. Will you be Co fermenting or fermenting each of the varieties separately? Can’t wait to hear more and see how it turns out.

And let me know when you want to get together for a Roussanne tasting :slight_smile:

Cheers.

I’d like to co-ferm as much as possible, se we shall see how things ripen!

Great marketing there, Justin. Luckily, your wines sell themselves (with a little help from critics)! [cheers.gif]

BTW I’m in for my full allocation (plus a little wishful thinking on the Hoage). One of the few mailing lists that I’m still on.

alan- you need to rethink your vision of rosé. i f sqn can do a full throttle/high quality rosé, it’s not outside the realm of reasonableness to say Saxum could do the same.[/quote]

Steve

What is the point of a full throttle Rose ? i will agree that i dont get it at all. Im fine with delicate Rose as a summer wine but why make a variant that is effectively a lighter color Rhone style ?

wHAT IS THIS “sAXUM” YOU ALL KEEP TALKING ABOUT ? [tease.gif]

Steve

What is the point of a full throttle Rose ? i will agree that i dont get it at all. Im fine with delicate Rose as a summer wine but why make a variant that is effectively a lighter color Rhone style ?[/quote]

the point? pleasure i guess. to be different, provocative, maybe.
different strokes.

Alan- one of these days you will come to the realization that just because you don’t like something, there are plenty of other people that do. Your “declarations” are nothing more than a personal opinion and preference. And there are plenty of people that disagree with your take. You don’t need to make decisions for the rest of us. You state personal preferences as facts, and it really rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

ordered my full allocation, love this winery, Saxum is still the largest part of my cellar, with SQN a close second