Save the date - winery release emails

Similarly, I find them useful. Add to my calendar as a reminder to check email and make a timely purchase.

I like the advance notice so I can plan out purchases. this week is an excellent case in point: bedrock, saxum, rivers Marie… Williams-selyem is coming soon… would rather not go crazy on Winebid the week before Bedrock blows up my card and wine budget.

I don’t save the dates but today is unreal. Either Save the Date or the Release for the following:

Realm
Ultra Marine
Pisoni Estate
Bevan
Desire Lines
Macdonald
VHR
Mending Wall
Kapcsandy

No way possible to buy all of these even with the 2020 vintage being nonexistent from many of them…Thank God Bedrock OVZ and Turley OVZ are landing soon to defend some of the previous vintages of the wineries listed above.

1 Like

Forgot Beta release today also.

1 Like

In the camp of generally making a note on my calendar just to be on the lookout for the email

Keep getting 1/2 ton syrah from Knowles Vineyard, participate again in Berskerker Day, and you might be in that category.

1 Like

Beta sold out before I was able to buy

Beta sold out surprisingly quickly.

As the thread originator, I must admit that I did put today on my work calendar - first “save the date” that I have actually acted upon. Last year by pure luck I was clearing out my junk folder, and happened upon a MACDONALD allocation. I certainly did not want to risk that happening again, and missing it!

And by the way, it was - once again - in my junk folder!

I like these reminders, personally, because I tend to sleep pretty late in the morning and am as like as not to miss the initial blast. I put yesterday’s Beta release on my calendar in response to a save-the-date and came out with three bottles that I would have slept through otherwise. Win for me, and win for the winery!

I too like the reminders as there are a handful of wineries that are first come first serve and having the date in advance helps with my personal timing.
In addition, I also like to open up bottles of prior releases that I bought from the producer to help determine how much I plan to buy on the new vintage. So the “Save the Date” helps in that regard.

All in all: I still end up buying more than I need and less than I want; that applies regardless of a “Save the Date” message.