Savannah restaurant recs

My daughter goes to SCAD and this board reco’d The Grey a few years ago. It does not disappoint. I eat there every visit, which pleases the kid.

Zunzi’s, and Vinnie Van Go-go’s too.

The Original Pinkie Masters is a nice sh!t bar as well.

Thank you. Looks like many of the higher end restaurants are still closed which is to be expected and probably not looking to take out fine dining.

Will check out zunzis and vinnies.

The Grey is as great as everyone says it is. Their bodega/market The Grey Market is open for takeout.
We had some very good pizza at the new Vittoria in Starland Yards back in January. Also Open for takeout.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_vcilqAjAF/

Vittoria was EXCELLENT and thank you for the recommendation. It was actually more closed up in Savannah than I expected, especially dinner options for takeout.

Joe- Glad to hear you enjoyed Vittoria. And thanks for the report on the area, we are there quite often, though not since late Feb.

We’ll be there for one night next week on our way up to the Blue Ridge Mtns. Perfect spot to stop and cut up the drive.

The Grey is not open the night we’re in town. Any new perspective or suggestions ?

thanks

1 Like

We dined outside at Chive in September - recommended by our hotelier. Very good seafood.

Chive looks like a good option. We are leaning Seafood though the Pizza at Vittoria looks terrific.

Sweet Potatoes has a banana pudding that is amazing. You don’t even know that you love it. The place looks like a blue hair restaurant.

And 520 Wings are off the chart too. Tops.

Neither place is remotely fancy. Just delicious.

1 Like

I like to eat downstairs in the bar at the Pink House.

1 Like

Luckily the rain never came so it was a perfect night to hit up Vittoria at Starland Yards. The Diavola was excellent. That is my favorite style of Pizza. It’s not a true Neapolitan and more like a cross between Neap and NY. Reminded me of Varasano’s in Buckhead and the Atl airport. Crust was a touch thicker and it was perfect. $3.00 PBR tall boy was a great match.

We’re hopefully coming back in late March to eat at The Gray. Our hotel is only one block away.

Well done, Fred. Making me wish I was heading to Savannah soon. The comparison of Vittoria to Varasano’s is spot on. I really enjoyed the pies when we were there. Also- for anyone into beer - or just a fun hang out during ‘normal’ times - Two Tides Brewing is right next door to Starland Yards. Good beer and a cool space in an old house, with board game rooms, pinball machines and outdoor decks. Fun when the weather is nice.

1 Like