Santa Barbara Tasting

Done! Sounds perfect. Thanks everyone

Definitely Grassini for great reserve cab.

In downtown SB I really liked au bon climate as well.

I’ll second most of what others mentioned…Larry’s pics for Los Olivis as well as Jaffurs in SB proper (love their syrahs and viognier). Industrial Eats is always great and not far from there if you’re craving a beer after all your wine then hit Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co…fun little place, great beers. Love Foxen’s tasting room (the little older one just passed their larger, newer tasting room).

Lastly, and full disclosure, I’m probably partial because I was married there, but Sunstone is always fun to me…beautiful setting to sit outside with a glass of wine and they have a red blend called Eros that I’m guessing you will like if you’re used to Napa Cab.

Right before Sunstone is a newer place called Brave & Maiden I’ve been wanting to try out. They’re mainly doing Cabs and Merlot and their winery and tour/tasting gets great reviews, looks like a beautiful space.

1 Like

Bumping this zombie.

Anywhere worthwhile to taste within close proximity to downtown SB? Likely won’t have time to drive into Los Olivos.

I know about Wine Collective and ABC.

Anywhere else?

TIA :v:t2:

2 Likes

Jaffurs

1 Like

What Larry has said!!

1 Like

Ben Silver, Jamie Sloan, Carr all in SB

Samsara in Goleta is a good stop

1 Like

Also Melville and Margerum, very much downtown.

1 Like

I was going to say Au Bon Climat. Instead let me +1 the rec of Samsara in Goleta. 15 minute drive from downtown SB.

Others in SB to consider:

Kunin
Grassini
Whitcraft
Margerum
Melville
Potek

Cheers