San Francisco Offline 7/17? UPDATED, PLEASE READ

Here are the details so far:
Sunday 7/17 @ Cafe Claude ($15/bottle corkage) @ 6 PM. 7 confirmed guests so far.

I’ll plan to make the reservation towards the end of the weekend so that people who aren’t on the board compulsively have a chance to sign up. =)

So far we are theme-less! Which is fine, we don’t have to have a theme, but if you want one then propose it.

Thanks for taking charge on this Ashish! If we are going to do Sunday could we start on the early side, maybe 5pm? I would vote for Saturday but I know that is prime time for restaurants, maybe its worth a shot?

As for theme, I am up for anything. One thing you can count on is that there will probably some good Sauternes to finish! [highfive.gif]

What about Farmer Brown? I’m not sure if this is current but I think corkage was $10. Not sure about a limit. I went for brunch and food was good despite being a buffet. (all you can eat fried chicken - just like KFC :slight_smile: ). Dinner is normal service.

Edit - sorry, had this response open in my phone for a while and missed the decision.

As regards theme, I have none in mind and wouldn’t like to impose anything. Whatever I bring, it more than likely will be French.

I look forward to this.

Best,

N

[quote=“Tyler Rico”]Thanks for taking charge on this Ashish! If we are going to do Sunday could we start on the early side, maybe 5pm? I would vote for Saturday but I know that is prime time for restaurants, maybe its worth a shot?

I think it’s going to be difficult to get restaurants to agree to a wine party on a Saturday. I think they realize that it means we’ll be there for a while, and they value high turnover on busy nights. I specifically asked about Saturday at Cafe Claude and they turned me down. 5PM on Sunday night should be fine though.

As much as I would love to meet more of the SF wine folks I cannot make this one. I see that you have found a venue. If that falls through or as a future consideration, I would suggest Le Charm, http://www.lecharm.com I attended a wine dinner there in the past and they were great, our group of 10 probably opened 20 bottles or so, they allowed folks to bring their own stems (not required) and the food was fantastic. All up I think it was about $75 per person, with 3 courses and corkage.

I will have to get back to you a little later. Need the ok from the Mrs. since I will also being play golf that day and timing wise could be tough.

Is there room for an 8th person? Would love to meet everyone, I think Tyler is the only person I’ve met before.

Mel & I are certainly up for a lunch meeting as we’d basically have to leave dinner 7:30 - 8:00 as I have a packed Monday 7/18.

Can we get dinner started early than 6PM?

I would like to attend as well. I’m good with any night and can do Sunday lunch. Got an old Cali that would be good to open, plus other goodies…

Another +1 for a lunch meeting.

I am interested in coming to this gathering. I need permission from mrs before completely committing. Will post updated response tomorrow. Thanks

I called, neither Cafe Claude nor Le Charm are open for lunch on Sunday. I’ve updated the first post with attendees. Current plan is for 5PM dinner on 7/17 at Cafe Claude. If someone knows a lunch place that can accomodate a 10 person group with lots of bottles and reasonable corkage, I can explore the lunch option further.

I just emailed the sommelier at a very nice brunch spot in SF to see if they would allow us to have the group there. I’ll let you know what he says.

Since we are going to be slammed the July/August prior to harvest ( [swearing.gif] ), I thought I might not be able to take any days off, but I think it is possible I will be able to take the Monday the 18th off, so put me down as a definite maybe. I’m Jonesing for a San Francisco fix. flirtysmile

One of my longtime friends (lives in SF) may join us. Will confirm that seat once I know for sure.

Best,

N

Got the ok from the Mrs. so I’m good to go for dinner. May be a little late, but will be there.

Please add me to the list, I’ve been following Noel’s writing for a long time over at WCWN and here, would love to meet him.
Cheers!

Hi all,
First post updated again.

I think we’re nearing a limit for the number of people who can comfortably share a bottle, and the restaurant also gave me the impression that 8 was already quite a large party for them to accomodate. I think the ideal size is about 12 people. We have 11 definite people so far, and between the maybe’s–Noel’s friend, Vamsi, and Linda–I think we’re full. (If all three maybe’s turn into definite attendees, then we can expand the group to 14 but I wouldn’t add more people unless we fell below 12.)

If the maybe’s can let me know soon then I can finalize the count and make the reservation.

Would love to attend, space provided…