San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Count me in please.

Looks like we have 11 people confirmed. The resto told me our private space seats 16 comfortably, so there’s room for a couple more

So we have 12 people confirmed for this Thursday’s gathering.

Please let me know if you are unable to attend. We also have about 3 spots left, so if there are any last minute WB’ers that would like to join us, please reply back on this thread or PM me.

Thanks, have a good week, and see you all on THU…

Looking forward to it. I’m bringing a 1988 Dunn Howell Mountain and 1979 Robert Mondavi Reserve. If these aren’t corked, they’ll be drinking fantastic! I’ll probably also bring a backup just in case.

Looking forward to meeting the locals, I moved here last July (2016) but was so busy with travel that it’s only now that I have time to do wine dinners. This is my 1st CA wine dinner since we moved.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I’m bringing a 2012 Duckhorn Monitor Ledge with a backup 2012 Riverain.

I am interested to join and can bring a 1998 Corison Kronos Vineyard

Tasted the 99 and 96 Kronos a couple years ago with Cathy Corison. Both were awesome. Can’t wait to try the 98. Thanks for bringing it!

Joe- welcome, looking forward to meeting you.

Perfect- we are now at capacity for the wine room, so whoever didn’t reply, you are out of luck!

I will be bringing a 2012 Futo OV/SL- its a relatively young wine, but from experience, with a two hour decant, it will be singing… The restaurant also has 1/2 off bottles from their list, so I will probably choose something from there as well for the group.

My colleague is in for a 2009 Scarecrow M’Etain.

Ooh, the 2009 M’Etain should be drinking very well about now.

Anyone interested in some '11 Stony Hill Cab? I’ve heard a bunch about it, from those who love old school cab, but haven’t cracked one yet. Super under-the-radar. Maybe will bring that along with my '05 Dunn

That was on my list of possibles…haven’t opened one in about two years, but it was outstanding at that time!

I’ll bring a 1999 Paul Hobbs Beckstoffer.

Brian - I’d be happy to bring a starter white, perhaps an Aubert or Littorai Chard, or a Donnhoff GG Riesling, but not sure where we stand with corkage and total number of bottles at this point. Let me know if you’d like me to add a white in addition to the Cab.

Cheers!

Steve

Hey Steve,

Nice choice! You can never go wrong with a PH Beckstoffer.

Sure, that sounds like a good idea. I’m sure a little palate refresher will be helpful, given the amount of Cabernet we will be “researching” tomorrow night…

One vote for Aubert

Any luck getting the corkage reduced? I’d think with 15 bottles or so they’d do SOMETHING

I emailed the manager the other day and she was unwilling/unable? to reduce the corkage fee.

A bit annoying, but partially I guess offset by the fact that there isn’t a minimum food and beverage spend for the private room.

I suggest calling again - we’re bringing 12 people and 15 bottles of wine, at minimum - they don’t need $300 in freakin’ corkage fees. It’s ridiculous.

I’m happy to call if you prefer - I can be an *sshole when needed, at the drop of a hat. [snort.gif]

“If you don’t ask, the answer is always no”

So I just called, and the manager said she could go $10 per bottle on the first 7 bottles, and $20 per for bottles 8 and on…

Its not much, but its something…

Yeah, still pretty shitty of them, and honestly, we should take this into account when it comes to choosing a location next time. Other restaurants would be more than happy to have 12 people and $150 ish on corkage. Did you tell her we will bring our own stems? That typically helps!

You’re probably right- my bad, first time organizer/rookie here…

And I was considering bringing one of my Zalto’s, but decided against it, but if you all are doing same, then “when in Rome”…