San Clemente on Saturday November 9th UPDATED POST 1

Do they have a private room? If so, the rules likely be different

I don’t believe they do

Dave’s correct.

I called South of Nicks, and they have no limits on # of bottles.
$15 per (first one is free).

Fyi, South of Nicks is Mexican but high end and very good. Actually eat there more than Nicks

Here is what we have. PLEASE confirm yay or nay.
see first post

I’m in.

Mike, one of my friend would like to join if there is still space.
Thanks.

Desperately need butter cake. Im in barring last minute complications. May bring an old friend but I’ll let him speak for himself

Mike, last time I Called, Nick’s only allowed 3 bottle max.

Dave, do you know someone over there who might allow us to bring more than 3?

I don’t Andre. I always meet my buddy who lives by SNA as it’s the midpoint. We usually sit at the bar and each bring a bottle so it’s just two.

I’d be fine going elsewhere if it works better

Gents, could we find this out for sure? I assume we will have 4-5 bottles and probably more as list grows. Thanks!

Edit: I’m in! (but just me). Interested in coordinating rides if anyone else is coming from San Diego county.

I called Vine in San Clemente.
Spoke with the manager (Gabe) already and he is OK if we to bring more than 3 bottles.
$20 per.

I called Nick’s (again), and the manager still would not allow more than 3. I guess they don’t want our business.

Pierside kitchen only allowed 2 max.

Any theme for the wines?

Vine looks fine.
Joe, I am thinking an open theme with a lean towards US. (If a Barolo showed up, I would not complain…) champagne.gif
Andre, thanks for the legwork.

As much as I like Nicks I think it works best for 2 to 4. Hopefully Mike can enjoy another night on his own. Vine should be great choice.

Joe, I’ll be coming from La Costa area. How bout you?

Mike, opened a 14 Macdonald a couple months ago. Alex suggested 6 hour decant and he was spot on. Don’t know if you have the capability where you’ll be but it benefited tremendously from that.

Don’t expect any issues showing up with a double-decanted bottle to Vine, right?

David, PM sent.

I have developed a conflict for that night. Sorry to miss you.

Fyi had dinner at South of Nicks last night. Great dinner but again Butter Cake. Skip the fruit compote or get on side. Just the cake and a scoop of vanilla ice creme. One of the best things ever and make sure to have a meal here or at Nicks

Heck I’m tempted to drive down from Manhattan Beach!