Salute Hartford Tuesday June 27th 6:30

I will bring a 2014 Maybach Materium unless anyone objects on the basis of infanticide. From CT notes it appears it is quite approachable now especially with a few hours of air. Usually I bring more mature wines, what do others think ?

Sounds good. Plenty of air should bring it around if it’s too tight.

We would be willing to bring either a 1998 Jean-Luc Colombo Cornas “Les Ruchets” or a 1999 Chateau Monbousquet and for a white a 2015 sec chenin blanc…Gary & Gayle

My current choices are between 2010 Merryvale Cab St Helena and 2005 Ch. Bellevue St Emilion.

On second thought I think I will bring a 2004 Maybach Materium. It was their first vintage and has 10 years of age on it. I think it makes more sense.

I’ll bring a Champagne and a dessert wine, no idea which ones yet. champagne.gif

Funny,
Last night I stood the Merryvale up.
This morning I checked the thread again.
Looks like I’m bringing the St Emilion.
:slight_smile:

Sorry Chris I probably shouldn’t have made the final pick. You are more than welcome to bring whichever you prefer. See you Tuesday

I pulled the Chateau Bellevue out of storage this morning and laid the Merryvale back down to rest a bit more.

Just wanted to confirm we are set for 6:30 tomorrow night for 8 of us at Salute. I think the restaurant has decent wine glasses if I recall but I will double check tonight and confirm reservation. I will also check with Joe and Jay tonight to see what they are bringing. See everyone tomorrow night.

All set for Gayle & myself. The Monbousquet has been sitting upright on the counter for a couple of days and the dry chenin blanc is cool.

Jonathan, unfortunately my +1 has to cancel out, so I guess we are back to 8 people.

I’m going to do a bit of an experiment on you all and bring a 20 year old American sparkler (I’ll bring a 2000 Bollinger GA as a backup just in case). The recent tasting notes are very good, but we’ll see. Cellared since release.

1997 Argyle Extended Tirage Brut

2003 Château Climens

We are all confirmed for 7 people at 6:30 No need to bring stems. They have pretty good ones. See y’all in 5 hours…

LOL, I already packed my stems. champagne.gif

Maybe they will give us a $1 discount per bottle on the corkage if they don’t have to wash your glasses… [snort.gif]

Apart from getting drenched in the torrential downpour that started just as I arrived in Hartford, that was a great time.
Wonderful people, good food and service from the restaurant, and excellent wines all around.
I’m looking forward to doing it again.

That must be why the bill was so low. champagne.gif

Great night folks. Gayle and I enjoyed meeting you all and tasting through some wonderful wines. We will do again if you don’t mind our company. After I got home the brain fart passed and remembered that my avatar is the French actor/director Jacques Tati for whoever asked me that. Here’s a short clip.

Ugeu2nq7uGg

Fantastic time! Thanks for organizing Jonathan. [cheers.gif]

Chris great to see you again . After 3 consecutive offlines you are now granted official repeat offender status. Kevin I truly appreciate you joining us again all the way from Bean Town. I think I owe you a trip up to see you. Thank you both for your bubbles and the sticky. You win contributor of the evening. I think the LB and the Maybach were tied for the wotn with the Castelgiocondo being close behind. Gary and Gayle it was a true pleasure to meet you and try your Ct wine which I thought was very good. I would be more than thrilled to have you back again at any future event. As fot the food and service I thought both were very good and I thought an excellent value. Thank you to all who attended Hope to see you at the next event. These are so fun I am not going to wait 6 months to arrange the next one.

Chris, Gayle, Jonathan…and the wines.

~1997 Argyle Extended Tirage Brut
~2000 Bollinger Champagne La Grande Année
~2015 Passionfruit Estate Chenin Blanc (Gary & Gayle’s vineyard)
~1999 Château Monbousquet
~2005 Château Bellevue St. Émilion Grand Cru
~2000 Château Lynch-Bages
~1997 Castelgiocondo (Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi) Brunello di Montalcino
~2004 Maybach Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Materium
~2003 Château Climens
IMG_8018.jpg