Sad news from Burgundy

wow, terrible news, my prayers go out to his family…

That is terrible news. Patric was such a charismatic character. He always had a twinkle in his eye, he was a generous man and a unique wine maker. I will think of him every time I open one of his wines.

terrible…

WOW, just awful. Thank you for posting.

Terrible news indeed. RIP.

Berry, you might want to change the thread title to increase awareness.

Very sad. Thanks for letting us know. A remarkably talented winemaker.

Condolences to all friends and family.

We just had, and very much enjoyed, a magnum of 1999 Simon Bize Latricieres Chambertin a couple of days back. It is very surreal thinking that the very nice man who crafted the wine was on his death bed just as we were enjoying the fruits of his labour.

May thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Ugh. So sad for Patrick and his family. Great winemaker, an inspiration who had no idea he inspired me.

What sad news. I only met him once, at La Paulee in SF some years back. When I was trying to collect all the 02 Montys made, I discovered that he had made a very small amount (25 cases at most). I approached him and asked whether he might sell me a bottle or two. He said no. He would give me a bottle for free, but I had to come to Burgundy to meet him and his family and share some wine beforehand. Such a classic grower’s response. I’m sorry I never had the opportunity. He was an extremely nice guy.

Just a quick update for those who have not already heard but Patrick has unfortunately passed away.

EDIT: I see someone already posted as such. newhere

You might enjoy the following blog about visiting Monsieur Bize and his wife in Savigny:

(I want to make it clear that I was not the narrator–I found this online and provided a link)

Rest in peace. Condolences to his family.

RIP. Condolences to the family of a great congenial winemaker. He will be missed.