Sabelli-Frisch Wines quarantine offer - almost 50% OFF!

Thanks Max - great to hear!

1. Glad you got those notes. I have the worst olfactory sens and palate, so for me I can only smell/taste brambly apples and tapenade or olive brine at the end, but I know from what others have told me there’s a lot more there.
  1. I’ll keep it going for as long as I can and this Corona-thing is in everyone’s face/ until my stock runs too low. I’m pretty good on the reds, but the Flame Tokay I only have about 40 cases left of, so that’s probably the first one I will run out of.

Had the Flame Tokay a couple of nights ago Adam.

Both I and my fiancée loved it. I kept getting notes of Basque cider and Amontillado sherry. We both agreed on the savoriness aspect.

Well done again.

Thank you Jorge! Glad you guys liked it! [cheers.gif]

I ordered a sampler for WBD and we have tried the Flame Tokay, the Mission and the Marsanne. The Flame Tokay was amazing served with a mild green curry. The Mission reminds me somewhat of Beaujolais and is a great summer red. I served the Mission with roast lamb and it went wonderfully well together. Anyhow, I now purchased a case. [cheers.gif]

Adam, where are you located? I was reading this feed and it said Sierra foothills somewhere. Whereabouts?

Hi Nate. I take fruit from there, but actually based SoCal. I drive the fruit down myself on my old truck to the winery.

+1

For the nerds: Here’s an interesting article about the wines in the Lodi Wine blog and the Flame Tokay in special. Also covers the Chandler vineyard and the history of Tokay there. And a bit about the Missions, too.

We had the Marsanne a few days ago and I thought it was lovely right out of the gate. It kept evolving as it warmed up, but it was tasty at each point in time from fridge cold to room temp a couple of hours later.

Thank you Greg for your note!

I also want to mention that although Todd is closing down the forum on the 15th, I will continue with my deal until I get down to about 10-15 cases of the Flame Tokay rosé (have to keep a few for library and verticals). I have about 30-40 cases left as of now, so those of you who might be curious about this one should probably order sooner rather than later. And for those who liked it more than other stuff, I will still mix and match however you want until I hit the critical number. I will continue to deliver temperature controlled in Los Angeles area myself, but shipping temps gets complicated as the summer progresses.

[cheers.gif]

DSC00606.jpg

Adam,

Had the Alicante Bouschet last night and absolutely loved it! Big flavors of cocoa, black fruit but still displays a brightness (happily surprised that it comes in at under 13%) that keeps it from going into sweet/cloying territory.

Excellent job on this one! Gonna have to re-up.