Royal East OL on Sunday July 6th @ 1 PM

So far we are 9 and will probably top out at 12

Looks like it will just be me (1).

Eileen

I do think it would help to get some wines posted so we have a variety. I’m in for a 2004 Karthauserhofberg Riesling Spatlese. I’ll probably bring something else as well, which might depend on what others are bringing.

Chartogne Taillet Champagne because I want to taste it and a Riesling

Well, I do love German wines, and since we’ve got another Donnhoff GG showing up, I’ll also bring 2012 Donnhoff Hermannshohle Riesling GG.

Katie and I will bring a Pinot and a Sauterne. How many people will there be?

Right now I’m torn between bringing a 2012 Arterberry Maresh Pinot Noir Maresh Vineyard and a 2008 Meßmer Weyher Michelsberg Riesling Spätlese trocken Großes Gewächs

Or possibly something with bubbles or maybe a Dagueneau. I’m very indecisive at this point…whatever it is the goal will to have a balance of choices for the food and to ensure that it’s something fun or exciting.

I believe we may make it to 12

There will be some meat dishes so a PN would be nice

I believe I will bring a beaujolais as well.

Ron, what are those little birds that are always so popular? Are you preordering those?

Quail, but am going with Duck, soft shell crabs, a beef black pepper sauce that is delicious, some lamb chops. and an assortment of veggies to order. Their black mushroom are fantastic but if I remember correctly you do not care for mushrooms?

I’m bringing a '85 Graach Joesephshofer Riesling Kabinett as it should be ready [bye.gif]

Will there be enough fish and veggie dishes for people that don’t eat meat?? (Not me…I’ll eat Duck all day long. However, there are some that don’t)

Correct on the mushrooms, but i’m sure others will enjoy them. I might just order a noodle dish to supplement the other courses like the past couple of times. I can’t wait to have that softshell crab again. It’s the best i’ve had.

Glad I checked the website one more time to post my wines. I was thinking it started at 2 p.m. Oooppss!

Anyway, since Donnhoff seems to be a mini-theme, I’ll bring the 2001 Donnhoff Schlopbockelheimer Kupfergrube Riesling Spatlese to check out with the other D. Schlopwhatever.

And then how about a 2001 von Hovel Scharzhofberg Riesling Spatlese.

Should we bring glasses?

See you all soon.

Carrie

A good time was had by all. I didn’t see anyone taking notes but I thought my '85 was lacking anything to talk about.
Beside the soft shell crab I thought the lamb chops, beef and duck was some pretty good eating.

BTW, did anyone pick my screwpull as there were several on the table

I might have, Ron. I’ll check.

So I’m looking at mid-September as the Offline that we talked about. Would that work with everyone? Maybe September 13 & 14th?

Sounds good as I should be fully recovered from the surgery I am having Friday. Nudge me in mid-August.