Robert A. Alfert, Jr., was right

“Robert A. Alfert, Jr., was right”

“Neal made a good point”

[scratch.gif] [bleh.gif] [worship.gif] champagne.gif I guess the theme is the invasion of the attorneys. [cheers.gif]

I fell asleep while reading this thread, and I now feel a strange compulsion to go out and buy cases of 2014 Lanessan.

I fell asleep while reading this thread, and I now feel a strange compulsion to go out and buy cases of 2014 Lanessan.

Well, it won’t set you back very much.

-Al

Decant the 14 Lanessan or nah?

True, but I did find myself driving in a zombie-like state all the way to the McLean VA TW to pick up a case. Clearly irrational behavior.

First bottle took a few hours to open up. Evan, decant ahead or if you have time let it open in the glass. Very nice, just as DavidB and Robert describe it.

Wondering whether they are worth cellaring another 5-10+ years.

Charlie, that would be rather narcissistic!

I just innocentaly happened upon it after searching notes for 2010 Lanessan. Love that @Cris_Whetstone just snagged a bunch from auction.

@I_Howe recently “gifted” me nearly a case of 2010 and 2014, it appears he does not share my stunted country palate, becoming a champagne and Beaujolais guy now.

is this classier than “gave?”

Well, it was to me!

2 Likes

I’ve never understood the objection to using gift as a verb. It’s been around for over 300 hundred years. It’s true that Dr. Johnson objected to it, so your in good company. But Dr. Johnson was also lukewarm about Paradise Lost and Metaphysical poetry. We all have hobby horses, though (mine is the misuse of to beg the question), and they are usually harmless.

he was 3/3

As neither Milton nor Satan said, Oh for God’s sakes!

(Its the Cambon La Pelouse. But I’ll certainly buy some '10 or '14 Lanessan if I see it.)

What though the field be lost?
All is not lost; the unconquerable Will,
And study of revenge, immortal hate,
And courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome?
That Glory never shall his wrath or might
Extort from me.

I don’t know, Neal… I’d have guessed you’d have found it Inspirational :kissing_closed_eyes: :wine_glass: