Rivers Marie Panek and a question

Jeremy - thanks very much for the mention. flirtysmile

Tim please let me know if you have questions on any of our wines. 2014’s are available now - 2015’s will be released on August 30th to our list members (with anticipated shipping in early October)

Karen

Karen, had a bottle of your 2015 Merlot the other night – loved it!!

(apologies for the thread drift)

Thank you so much!!! [cheers.gif]

Well, the 15% price increase on the Rivers Marie Panek and NV in the upcoming release makes the decision to try something new easier for me. Since I’m already getting a Mike Smith wine with Becklyn, I think I’m going to grab some Jean Edwards Rutherford instead. I really enjoyed that one when I tasted last year. I will also have to try the Venge Silencieux based on the recommendations. Thank you all for your input!

Tim,

I’m not sure what your point is???

The wine you like is not about price but about your palate, we all know that, yet we all are looking hahaha

there is so much wine out there at all price points, it’s insane.

Good Luck

Cheers

Is RM considered a Mike Smith wine or is he somehow involved with it? Always assumed it was a Thomas Brown wine.

Tim, my observation is your palate probably favors a somewhat sweeter and richer wine (e.g. Quivet) than what the Panek is going to be. For my tastes I like Panek for exactly this reason but I think you might continue to be underwhelmed in future vintages.

My point was that I was that I was already questioning if the R-M Panek was worth the money for my palate, so now that it costs even more I think it isn’t worth it for me.

You are right, it is a TRB wine. I was saying instead of getting another Mike Smith wine in addition to the Becklyn, I would try something different.

Charles, I would agree that in this context, I am looking for something on the bigger/richer side. When I’m in the mood for a less ripe cab, I would typically grab a Smith Madrone or something similar.

Ironically, in most other categories I’m now leaning the other direction. I prefer traditional Barolo/Barbaresco over more fruit forward examples, earthier/lighter Oregon pinot noir over richer California versions, and old world (or cool climate) syrah over more ripe versions.