Riverain TRB Cab and Syrah!!!

in for 2 of each and a FB like

Order in. Sorry, I dont do FaceBook or Instagram. Can I have my wife ‘like you’ from her account?

In again this year. (Even though no FB or Instagram round here.)

Just relating my first experience with Riverain Cabernet. I bought a 3 pack during berserker day two years ago. The wine arrived and within a few days I opened one bottle. About halfway through the first glass I had gone to the Riverain website and ordered another 6 bottles at full price.

So anybody grabbing a 3 pack today may want to re-think that. Or not. Up to you guys. Just saying.

In for 2 and 2. And just liked on Facebook. (did Instagram yesterday)

Thanks to everyone! You are lighting up the orders this morning

Sure, that will work.

Also in PA - just ordered a 5 syrah and a cab, with a Facebook Like for a chaser.

Thanks for your flexibility!

Thank you RG!

I see that Brig gave some context for the Cab so let me add to the rest of the picture with a note on the Syrah. I know Steve doesn’t make a lot of Syrah, and some don’t give CA Syrah much credit but if you a darker style, with some power alongside some old world approach (old oak and stem inclusion), then this may be worth a shot for you. Glad to see you participating again, Steve.

• 2014 Riverain Syrah Cardiac Hill Bennett Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Bennett Valley (6/22/2016)
    First bottle I have tried, looks to also be the first one tasted in the CT community, too. Opened this last night, powered through about 1/2 of it. Remainder was left for tonight, to craft up a note with the day of air (simply left under open cork). Serving tonight with ideal temp and stem. So, to the color–dark, I’d say one shade from being totally opaque. Aromatic is flush with dark red and black fruit, potpourri, pepper. The palate, much of the same with plush, dark fruit. Yet, inside of all that fruit density, there is plenty of structure that comes through as iron, creosote, savory steak sauce (not bbq sauce, so don’t read my remark to be sweet, as this is not). The stems give the finish a rosemary, savory quality, along with an inky, molten quality, dark licorice and the same red and black fruit. This reminds me of the 2012, which carries the color, savory and structural components. This wine also reminds me a lot of a personal favorite, which is Copain Brosseau, a wine that shines with color, structure and depth year after year. This 2014 is like that, the chalky component that Brosseau does so well. I want to also say this is a bigger boned wine, and it’s labeled ABV of 14.6% reflects the intensity and stuffing that is here (unlike the 2011, which was in the mid-12s for ABV, as a contrast). In sum, this should age well for a while and will soften but I always make it clear I like and eat up structure in the wines I enjoy. This is well done. Note–the winery owner is a personal friend of mine but I offer an honest perspective here, for what it’s worth to you.

Posted from CellarTracker

I have been trying to hold back but gave in for some Cab and Syrah along with the Facebook like. Riverain is always enjoyable.

Hi Steve…glad to hear that MA shipping will soon be a reality! I still have some WB orders from 2015 & 2016 on hold at the winery waiting for shipment…can’t wait! Thanks again for the great offers!

Got 4 Cabs and 2 Syrah. Facebooked!
Thank you

In for a 3 pack! Liked on Facebook and Instagram.

Thanks Frank, your note is spot on.

Greg, thanks for the order.

Thanks to Ed, Khoi and Chris as well!

In for 6!

In for a 3-pack of cab +1 FB [thumbs-up.gif] .

I was already feeling like I did not buy enough, then my sister tells me her husband picked up 18 bottles.

I feel inadequate all of a sudden. [pwn.gif]

Obviously your sister is a better Berserker than you are.

[pwn.gif]