"Rites of Passage" - The new Independent Whisky Cask Bottlings from Epicurean Selection

I’ll post in Commerce Corner when I actually know how and where to buy them (Skurnik will be distributing), but please allow me this announcement as we are to the moon excited! No one visits this forum anyway. :wink:

5 Likes

Congrats! From what I gathered in your various posts on the topic, is this was quite a journey. The color on the 17 is absolutely amazing. I’m excited to see how/where/when I can buy a bottle.

2 Likes

You are on my list to message personally when I know!

We are tasting the final versions this weekend. More to follow. The 17 year Williamson (teaspooned Laphroaig) has been strong all along, though the Mannochmore might be my favorite.

2 Likes

I am so excited to try these!! I’d say, “You have no idea how cool it is to know these were selected by discerning and knowledgeable palates.”, but I suspect you actually do know, so … yeah. :slight_smile:

Although all four are exciting, I have to take a quick little moment to give special commendation for the Mannochmore selection — such a wildy underrated distillery, and one for which bottlings pop-up only rarely. Thank you, Sarah and J!

1 Like

That’s fantastic to hear, since those were the two I set my sights on based solely on your picture above. Though, I know nothing of Mannochmore, so I’m especially intrigued now.

2 Likes

Can’t wait!!! So excited to try these

1 Like

We just opened the first round of final bottles - have only nosed so far. They are all smelling good to fantastic. The Mannochmore has the signature Flinstone’s vitamins and is backed by sweet heather, the Williamson is f’ing amazing, all I’ve got to say - full on Islay, but not crime scene. The Bunny has the “fruit” to sustain the age. The Orkney is the most shy, but is coming around.

1 Like

This is intriguing. Is the Williamson heavily peated? I’ve understood the sherry casks may be less so.

It is true Laphraoig, so there is a good deal of peat. But it’s not crime scene at all. If you like peat, it’s a beautifully balanced example of Laphraoig. But it’s not pretending to be something other than Islay. The spirit is peated or not - the sherry cask doesn’t change that, it only influences the final flavor profile.

This makes me swoon, particularly because Laphroaig was/is my first love in Scotch. Islay and Laphroaig are my comfort zone for sure.

2 Likes

That makes me smile. Being 100% honest here, after being open 30 min, the Williamson is the star.

3 Likes

money-dollars

6 Likes

Super stoked to hear this! Laphroaig 10 yo c.s. is probably “the one” whisky I’d have, if I could only have one. I have zero doubts the 10 yo c.s. is more “crime scene” than your 17 yo, but I heartily enjoy more balanced expressions of Laphroaig, too.

2 Likes

This does sound exciting, I’ve confined my drinking to the various ones from Kilchoman, but they don’t have anything older yet.

1 Like

very excited to try these. wholesale prices are posted, so should be very soon in new york at least.

congrats on this amazing launch to both of you.

2 Likes

Congratulations! I hope that they’ll be available through the PLCB.

2 Likes

All In Fukutu GIF - All In Fukutu GTA - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

The bottles are now inbounded and available in NY! I have contact info and retail pricing from one very good source, so please DM me and i will share. I think the prices are looking quite fair between about $120 and $650.

Ordered the Williamson and Mannochmore. Now I get to wait impatiently for FedEx.

Thank you! We are so excited for you to try. Please let me know your honest thoughts when you’ve tried them.

1 Like