Rhys Spring release: Jan 27

Kevin, I would think it really doesn’t matter for most. I think you’ll find most just want to assure themselves of a Swan Terrace allocation!

+1 for a June, July or August release.

Yes - it’s rather like Presidential primaries: one state moves, they ALL move.

We will ship the Pinot Sampler packs and San Mateo 375mL and 500mL cases with this spring’s releases, probably starting in late March. The Alpine and Bearwallow bottlings will ship with fall releases next October.

Yea!

Thanks for the feedback on moving the offering to June/July. I expected more fans of the September release but an earlier date will be a great help for us. It will allow much more time and flexibility around harvest for packing. So if it works well for customers it is an all around better date.

Then go with June. July is property tax season. pileon

Not in this part of the world. Property tax is due in February.

Personally, I like the release schedule as it is. I have purchased a total of 10 bottles the past two Junes, so that is a solid month for Rhys to offer for me. July is pretty heavy with Rivers Marie and Myriad, so if it is in July, I will for sure be cutting back.

People that offer feedback on the release dates get an extra bottle of Swan Terrace allocated to them, right? flirtysmile

Preference for a later ordering period. I like to purchase the wine when its ready to ship.

Early is better for me.

I like the idea of a June/July ordering period.

Kevin, what’s on the horizon for Alesia this year? Are you guys planning a spring release or fall?

Kevin, any chance you’ll be adding waitlisted people to the list?

Ian - I was added with this offering. Joined the waitlist in January 2014, I think.

Tom,
Our current plan is to offer 2012 Alesia Pinot and Chardonnay in May.

Ian,
The people moving off of the waitlist have been sent an email. Unfortunately it was a small group this time. Currently it looks like the next time we will open the waitlist will be in 2016. I wish I had better news!

I would prefer a shorter period between ordering the wine/paying for it, and shipping. I enjoy a closer link between buying something and having it arrive. So count me a vote for September or even October ordering.
If there is a longer period, then I would like to see some other benefit - such as the Monte Bello’s future program where I am getting a discount - or where, such as Rhys, you get wines that are not normally offered (375ml bottles or magnums).

I know each buyer is different as to their purchases, their finances and budgets, and their timing of purchases, but for me, if I had to manage wine purchases, or purchases of any other luxury good, based upon credit card cycles, then I probably wouldn’t be buying $99 bottles of wine.

Thanks for all the feedback. While it’s clear that there isn’t one answer that works for everyone, we have decided to move the next release to the summer. Hopefully this will be an improvement. If not please let us know and we will continue to listen to your input.
In order to help people plan their purchasing, the newsletter in today’s release will cover our release calendar for the remainder of the year.
We have also updated Tasting Notes on all Rhys wines that we have produced.

The offering should go live about 10am PT.

Earlier, I took a look at the website vintage chart, and have a 2009 Alpine Pinot pulled for tonight. Maybe decant it an hour or two before dinner?

Diane,
Yes, it is still youthful but we thought it was beginning to drink well. An hour should be fine. In general, our wines produced after 2008 will not require as much decanting as those made before.

Is the Spring Release a rolling offer? I have been on the mailing list for many years but have not received my allocation email yet.