Rhys Offer

The recently shipped and received 2013 wines. Curious a about the Porcupine Hill.

The recent releases just shipped. I received mine today. Not going to Pobega those.

I got mine a few weeks ago but I won’t be trying them for a while.

Has SCM PN recently. I found it delicious. Full of rose petals, light red fruits, well proportioned and balanced with quite a bit of structure that is not just from acids. In case you are adverse to a bit of stemmy bitterness you might want to wait.
Glad to have 5 more and sad not to have even more.

Bob,
There won’t be many people that can chime in on this as the Bearwallow Chardonnay is not yet in bottle. While it is made in the same style (and with the same vine material) the terroir expression at Bearwallow is quite different than Horseshoe or Alpine. There are some analogies to the Bearwallow Pinot in that the BW Chardonnay is earlier drinking (compared to Horseshoe and Alpine)and it offers a great spicy minerality. It is also lower priced at $59/btl. Meanwhile in the 2014 vintage we will also be offering an Anderson Valley Chardonnay (non vineyard designate) made entirely from Bearwallow fruit. This AV Chard will be offered at $39 in the first regular release of 2014s this Fall.
For those on the fence, I would probably recommend the sampler pack or waiting until the regular release. That way you can get a better idea what to expect from this bottling before “loading up”.

I love the SCM Pinot. It’s the Rhys Pinot we drink most often. I’m in a phase where I almost prefer Bourgogne Rouge and Villages Burgundy to PC Burgundy (I hardly own any GC) with our meals at home. The SCM Pinot fills the same role as a nice Villages wine. A bit more heft and complexity than a Bourgogne, but still approachable, delicious, and it doesn’t turn the meal into a wine tasting. It might all be psychological, but it’s what we’re enjoying right now.

Jay, I think I’ve tried a different vintage of SCM PN before, but I don’t remember it being this good. Btw I have only one San Mateo County left from the fall. Should asked for extras of that one as well.

Any fellow Berserkers heading to the pickup day tomorrow?

I will be heading up today.

All right, which one of you ate all the food?

Not me…but I did drink all of the library magnums of Skyline Terrace that were being poured… neener

As always, Kevin/Jeff & Co were great hosts and the new addition out back is just stunning; only finished yesterday.
IMG_3523.JPG
image1.JPG
image2.JPG

Is that a pizza oven!?

Yep…and the BBQ, gas grill and under counter fridges/cooler drawers are all Viking. Very very nice setup.

Wow! I will have to make this a destination wine vacation next time. Thanks for the pics!

Cheers,
JP

Tasting notes anyone?

How could it be that no bees are the plate? Remembering my last adventure there. In London on biz/fun now. Sorry I missed it. Fun fact I know for those of you that store at Wine Bank in Menlo Park (maybe K&L too?) - Rhys delivers your wine personally there. Just in case you don’t want 24 hours in that dreaded outside temperature.

Oh damn it, that sounds commercial too. Forget it.

Nice patio. Is that redwood?

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/download/file.php?id=27326

Andrew,

In your photo, is that the “Ridge” ridge over on the other side of the San Andreas?

Oh, don’t be shilly.