Rhys fall release on Nov 1

I wish the Canadian dollar wasn’t such a pile of dog shit.

Well, perhaps…for buying wines. But think of how many Americans you could entice over the border (assuming you’re not in Yellowknife or Nunavut!) for an offline, bringing all those ‘priceless’ bottles to your house! [cheers.gif]

Having just tried the Alpine PN I’d say this is not to be missed among the PNs.
The AV, Chard seems like a no brainer at that price.
I’m still trying to decide what to order. Might have try a Porcupine to see if this is something I’d like better than Bearwallow. All in all very difficult to keep this down to 12.

Just another big thumbs up for Rhys Customer service. Had Brett issues with the 2009 Family Farm, were super accommodating about returning. I screwed up in the process and they bent over backwards to make it good. Great wines, great people!

2 of each and leave the AV Chard. This of course assumes you were offered everything.

Yes, I suppose the decisions would be easier if I had not been offered everything. While I have tried and liked the '14 Bearwallow PN I still have an old bias against AV PN.

Rhys really is A+ about standing by their product and their customers. I know it sounds cliche to say it, but it really bears mentioning in their case.

In for 4 x Alpine PN, 2 x Alpine Chard, 1 x Swan Terrace PN, 1 x Skyline Syrah (Wish List). I’m still fairly new to this list and these look like the no brainers for this release.

Forget your old bias. The '14 Bearwallow PN is the best one so far from this vineyard and the Porcupine Hill should be even better.

Order placed. Very hard for me to keep it at 18 (including wishes). With the wine budget this is becoming a complicated puzzle taking into account ALL wine (source) purchases…

Looking forward to letting the wines sleep ; )

Cheers,
JP

I took my full allocation, but left the magnums on the table for others to enjoy.

Rhys is officially the top producer in my cellar as of last purchase.

JF

Has anyone received their 2014 sampler packs (ordered in March) or the 2014 futures ordered in November’15?

I haven’t gotten anything… Summer Rhys order, sampler, Hillsides… And I have 0 incoming packages. Starting to get chilly here in NC…

I sent an email the other day, and they responded that they had issues with getting shipping materials, but that things would start moving again end of this week.

Gee, I hope so. We’re starting to experience sub-Arctic chill here :angry:

Hi Dale,
We’ve had a quite complex matrix of shipping this time due to the volume of orders going out. That, coupled with some delays in packing materials (specifically wooden boxes), has meant that we’ve been shipping in waves, starting with the Summer Rhys and Alesia releases. The futures and Hillsides are going to be in the next wave. So far, the majority of the summer releases are out the door except for some problem areas that were too hot as well as some parts of the shipping route that were warm. Right now we are set to ship out the futures and sample packs to the majority of the country east of the Mississippi late this coming week, meaning those areas will see delivery on the Thursday and Friday the week after Thanksgiving. This is all weather dependent of course. Sorry for the delays and confusion, we’ve been sitting on, and people have been missing, more wine than normal due to the cluster of releases over the summer that didn’t have a shipping window that worked. If anyone has any specific questions they can always call or email, we try to answer every email or call the same day.

Thanks for the info Jeff. Do I understand that west of the Mississippi will ship the week of December 5th or after ?

For futures and Hillsides, that’s the current plan.

Considering that I won’t be drinking the current releases for years, and my cellar is jampacked with boxes to be unpacked and shelved, I am totally ok holding off til the spring when the next release ships!!!

• a lot!!