Rhys Arrived!

I got the same notice. 7 days to Nashville.

Scheduled to arrive on the 8th…I’ts been a busy month of back and forth to my UPS store…Monday will be my 4th trip, I’m running out of excuses to tell the wife…

For what it’s worth Ryan, I was really thrilled with how the 07 GV came out. I personally think it’s the best of the 07 Alesia lineup and think it’s showing well right now too.

Thanks for the notes Kevin.

I have to try one of the chards, perhaps on Thanksgiving. I’m guessing a couple hours of decant time?

Anyone heading up to Rhys on Saturday for pickup? I’ll be up there around noon - noon30…

Anybody from Marin or Sonoma heading to the Rhys pickup day? If so, want to carpool?

Ashley and I will be there with another couple, not sure when though.

thread jack…

How was the trip?

pm’ed

Jay - my notice was 11/1 and delivery date is tomorrow, so maybe you’re in luck

Just checked- date has been changed to tomorrow.

My order was shipped on Monday and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It used to be that UPS Ground shipments that left CA on a Monday would get to me on a Thursday, but lately they’ve been taking an extra day.

I’ll be there sat but not sure the time. but i’m sure it will be a mad house, much crazier than ever due to the digs

Based upon my experience of tasting the 08 lineup at the winery a few months ago (the bottles were opened the night before and recorked before being served to us), I would say don’t open the 08 Rhys pinots for at least 2-5 years. The 08 Alesia pinots are slightly more approachable early.

If you must… Opening a bottle, and doing a slow-oxidation type-method might give you a decent idea of the potential of these pinots.

Couldn’t resist. Opened a Alesia Sonoma Coast before leaving work. Great ripe red fruit and a wonderful finish!

Getting this shipment today was very bittersweet. I’m sitting there holding my magnum of Alpine and it dawns on me that by the time I open it my son will be driving and my daughter will have just graduated from high school. [cry.gif]

Thanks, Kevin.

[

=“Frank Smith”]My order was shipped on Monday and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It used to be that UPS Ground shipments that left CA on a Monday would get to me on a Thursday, but lately they’ve been taking an extra day.

I’ve experienced the same change. I sometimes worry that any hick-up in the chain will mean the wine sits in a truck over the weekend. That being said, my Rhys arrived yesterday in fine shape and is already sleeping in the cellar though a bottle or 2 of the Alesia may have a very short rest…

We are looking into why UPS is quoting longer delivery times this Fall. No news yet but we will keep people posted.

Kevin, I didn’t mean to imply that this was unique to Rhys. It’s not. I have the same issues with all ground shipments from CA or WA.

BTW, I’m opening an '05 Fairview Ranch syrah for dinner w/orange, basil lamb tonight. Any decanting recs?

Thanks for all of your and the Rhys team’s effort.