Revisiting 1990 Bordeaux

Wow, that was a fun read. Myst gave been a blast to revisit all those great bottles. I won’t say I drank my 1990s too early, but I wish I still had some left.

I agree. I’m with Dale in that I was on the pro-Baron side. I’ve always been underwhelmed by 90 Lalande; although this was a good showing.

For what it is worth, we did a tasting at PB two years ago where we purchased bottles of '90, '10 and '15 along with Griffons and their other more modern style wine and took the bottles with us after the tasting. The '90 was good but a brute the first day, better the second and outstanding the third. Given it is already 30, I think it is built to last/improve over the next 30+.

The 90 PL was the first fully mature Bordeaux of any notoriety I tried. Although I am still a complete novice in that area, I was blown away by the wine. I was surprised to see so many lackluster opinions of the bottle on-line. Maybe I just got a good one or time has worked some magic, but it was slow-ox’d for 6 hours and it didn’t fall off any throughout the night.

Nice dinner and notes, guys.

I love ‘90 Poyferre. I feel like it’s been drinking really well for almost 20 years and just keeps going.

Great lineup…At one time, all these wines and the 1989 siblings(except for the Laherte and the Clinet) resided in my cellar…The 90’s are all gone, only the 89 Cos and Baron remain along with some oldies but goodies not listed above…Our daughter and her husband will be visiting in 2 weeks, shortly after her birthday…Might be a good time to open one of these.

As I noted earlier, the tannins in the formerly velvet '90 Angelus have become weirdly pronounced.