Reverse Berserkerfest in the New York Burbs - Saturday, August 17, 2024 - A Second Attendance Option

Sounds like a plan… I know what I am bringing…deviled eggs, and this great bread, olive, cheese app.

Note: Items to cook might change.

2 Likes

I think we are bringing charcuterie. Subject to change.

My wife and I should be able to make it, we will bring Spanish rice dish which is always a hit.

Janice and I are in. If anyone is arriving at the White Plains Metro North station, I can pick you up.

1 Like

It will be nice to finally meet you.

1 Like

And you! :wine_glass:

2 Likes

So honoured that you have taken inspiration from my cellar depressurization events, Jay. With all my heart, I wish I could make it, but I was locked in long ago to a wine-and-golf weekend with buddies on that weekend and we’ve paid for virtually everything for that already. I am truly bummed, but please reach out to me if you want to discuss anything else in terms of logistics—though you’re a past master at these sorts of things.

For everyone on this thread, I will be firmly planning to make my east coast Mike on Tour happen following the election in November, planning to be in NYC for somewhere around Nov 24 onward for a few days.

Wishing you lots of fun, lots of participants and every success. Who knows—the Jets might have even won a preseason game by then?

4 Likes

I am a definite, tentative for the 17th!!! :crazy_face: I need to confirm w le niña her move back in date for college.
Recs for hotels close by Jay?

4 Likes

Several hotels in White Plains:

Hyatt House is close.
Residence Inn is in downtown White Plains, as is Opus Westchester (a former Ritz), Cambria and Sonesta.

Rye:
Courtyard by Marriott is close.

Tarrytown/Elmsford: - a little further away.
Westchester Marriott
Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown

Let me know if you’ll need a ride.

Dan

3 Likes

There is now a chance I can come… plans may have changed. If I’m in town, I’m there.

1 Like

Far be it for me to be pushy, but everyone should change their plans. I need help with my wine problem. Please. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Count me in!!! (Solo)… Gonna bake a dessert…Linzer Torte…or 2… or 3…

Checking with Rita but if we are around that weekend we will be there…but just so you know…it is very very hard not to bring wine. Happy to bring food and desserts.

1 Like

Still trying to work this in my schedule! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Bump. - Today at Peking Duck House in a luncheon in honor of Connie Savage, who passed away WAY TOO YOUNG from the worse C bullet you can face, there was a gathering of what could be called The Old Guard. A bunch of people who were from the good old days of The Squirrel and E-bob, if not earlier. We had a lot of fun and a few people suggested that we needed to do it again. I suggested that this was a a good way to start. I even promised Brad Kane that I would open all of my Loire collection (7 bottles). I also agreed to have a GC and PC Burgs bucket and a 1975 versus 1985 Bordeaux section. That would, of course, be in addition to the Carlisle table, the SQN table, the Saxum table, a Thomas Rivers Brown table, a Berserkerday wines table and a Port/Sauterne/Barsac/Auslese dessert table. SO be there, or be square.

5 Likes

I am looking forward to it Jay!

sounds like you’re making your way towards the 120-or-so bottles to open. :grin: