Retailer check: Sommpicks

They do everything right imho.

I like 'em.

Thank you all for the kind words, itā€™s very much appreciated. We are constantly aiming to improve our product to better serve our customers, so to the extent you ever have any feedback, I would love to hear it. Feel free to drop me an email or call anytime, mike@sommpicks.com or 415-294-0622.

Regarding order consolidation, we are happy to consolidate weather holds and/or In Transit/Pre Arrival orders. Just drop a note during checkout that you would like to consolidate and any savings will be refunded at the time the wines ship.

1 Like

I am sure it is just be being irascible and difficult, but it is a deal-breaker for me to have to make an account to view the inventory. Yes, I could log in with a throw-away email address but I shouldnā€™t have to do so. Iā€™d like to poke around and decide for myself whether to register. YMMV

Hi Neal, thanks for sharing. Weā€™ve been discussing this internally and may be making relevant changes in the future. To the extent it does change, Iā€™ll certainly let you know. Thanks again, - Mike

1 Like

Great retailer. They have a great selection. I bought from them many times and I gave. Even very happy with the service. Highly recommended.

JF

Circling back re Sommpicks. I ordered some Champagne a couple of weeks ago with temp controlled delivery. I also asked them to hold over the summer. I was quite surprised to see that the wine had shipped yesterday at 80+ degrees and when I enquired about it, Sommpicks responded that with temp controlled delivery, there was no reason to wait. The wine arrived this afternoon, cold (not cool) to the touch. Iā€™m a happy camper and have already placed another order.

Then there is the countrywide online retailer who shipped two bottles of Champagne yesterday in 80+ degree temp despite my request that they hold for weather. When I enquired, their response was that they only hold wine when temps along the way exceed 90 degrees. They said that I can return the wine and they will replace it only after receiving the return first. Iā€™d rather it be the other way around to ensure that they donā€™t re-send the same bottles. Guess Iā€™ll have to mark the bottles so that I can tell if I get them back again.

I have been ordering for several years from Sommpicks and wanted to emphasize publicly what a class act Mike Zima, the owner of this store, is. I have received consistent, prompt communication from him and his team with excellent customer service. It should also be mentioned that the selection they are able to procure is pretty impressive, and that all my bottles have arrived in pristine condition, with careful packaging, etc. One thing that makes this retailer special is the fact that even highly allocated wines are put on the open market as first come, first serve. Iā€™ve been able to score some real gems and wished to add to the chorus here.

Nothing but great experiences with Sommpicks. Highly recommended.

I ordered some Champagne from them in January and it was pre-arrival. The wine arrived at their facility a few weeks ago and they said it would ship in a few days unless I contacted them. It was a bit cold at the time so I asked them to hold it until the weather is better. They said no problem. I contacted them again yesterday and asked them to ship it this coming Monday. They said no problem. I donā€™t like problems so very happy with them.

Iā€™ve always had good experiences with them and sometimes you can catch a decent price when the market has already moved here but not yet in France. I order with confidence.

Iā€™m with you on this. I probably back out 8 out of 10 times at this point.

2 Likes

where is sommpicks based?

San Francisco.

-Al

+1 for Sommpicks, great selection, great service, Mike is a great guy. [cheers.gif]

Just received these today in pristine condition. Will use SommPicks again for sure.
E026BF49-926C-4AAE-8B4E-B14A64C0378F.jpeg

Happily held an order for me for 2 weeks so that it would arrive when I was home and not on vacation. Arrived exactly when I requested. Really nice service, great selection.