Restaurants in Bellagio/Menaggio/Varenna/Como (city)

Going to be staying in Bellagio this Spring and visiting the cities of Menaggio, Varenna and the city of Como by ferry. Due to the timing of the ferries, we probably need to keep our dinner plans for Bellagio and plan for lunches in the other locations.

So…restaurant recomendations for

-Lunch: Menaggio, Varenna and the city of Como

-Lunch/Dinner: Bellagio

Thanks!

In Bellagio, for something very casual with very good Italian wine list at prices I can only get at retail in NYC, go to Cava Turacciolo for lunch. The mixed salumi and cheeses are very good and they had 2 awesome cooked-prepared dishes for lunch when we went. For wine by the bottle, I had a 2001 Montevertine that I re-corked and drank while on the ferry back to Como.

Ristorante Silvio is about a 15 minute walk from the ferry landing, take a cab if you don’t want to walk uphill, and the fresh fish dishes pair very well with the terrific view.

1 Like

Hey Rhodes,
Nice to see your going back to Italy ! We had a terrific lunch here in Menaggio. We loved the place and if the weather is nice sitting outside is wonderful.

We stayed in Veranna. Need to go back and see where we did our dinners. I think I posted on one of the threads.

+1 for Cava Turacciolo!

1 Like

Thanks so much. Writing all these down

The place in Menaggio looks fantastic. Let me know if any of the places you dined in Veranna is appropriate for lunch after hiking/sightseeing around town.

Gotta meet up in Tampa sometime

Rhodes

1 Like

Also, there a handful of cafes along the water with okay food and beautiful views of the water.

Another +1. It’s the must visit place in Bellagio for superb wine and antipasto. I haven’t been back in 16 years but it was a highlight for me and helped shape my interest in Italian wine. Gorgeous little street too that winds down to the lake.

1 Like

Adding to the list!

1 Like

We ate at a restaurant in Belagio called Bilacus for lunch. Had 2008 Tignanello by the glass and food was great. Nice upstairs courtyard, its been 2 years but we loved it.

1 Like

Hey Rhodes, we had a great dinner at Quatro Pass. It was Brig’s original recco that led us there. Here is my quck trip report I tagged onto to this helpful thread. My prior post did link the correct restaurant in Menaggio. There is also a real cool wine bar in Bellagio that’s mentioned in this thread. I didn’t post on it but we loved it for an afternoon glass and snack. We definitley need to connect when your in the Tampa area. Shoot me a note.

I was just back in Bellagio in October — must say that it has become so touristed (shockingly so) that it’s only my favorite little family-run enoteca (Angolo DiVino) that the husband and I will be going back to, and mostly just to visit with the owners.

About 7 minutes by car from Bellagio with absolutely gorgeous views and great food at Altavista at Hotel Lo Perlo. Seek a reservation now if it looks interesting to you. Truly gorgeous.

Lombard is so beautiful. You’ll love whatever you do and see and eat in such gorgeous settings, I am sure! Good luck!