remote meat thermometers...

I’ve used the remote Ponder for years with no problems

I have a Remote Check that works just fine. I’ve had it for a few years, and I haven’t burned out a probe yet. But they shouldn’t be used on a grill directly over a flame–that will burn them out. Instead, when I use them on the grill, I sear the large beef or lamb first, and then put the thermometer probe in when I move it over to indirect heat. I’ve never had a problem in the oven.

Bruce

I hate the frigging things. I have at least a half dozen in the drawer and the only thing they are good for is stabbing yourself in the temple when they ruin the food. I have 2 Polders and a Pyrex remotes with probe with those white square small box readouts, a big fancy one with an oblong readout, three large ones that you shove in the roast and leave them there and a bunch of instant quick reads. If I get one within 10 degrees of correct, it’s a miracle. Next time I go to Bed Bath and Beyond, I’m going to bring them all back and show them where to put the probes.

Did you ever calibrate them in boiling water?
My two devices are spot on?

Like I said above get thee to the Thermoworks.com website and get the Original cooking Thermometer (not a remote in the sense that you carry somthing around, but the read out does sit outside the oven). The ring is fairly loud so you should be able to hear it and the thing works very well.

Saw that yesterday at the Apple store…totally wanted it… .but at $100 I figured it would be wasteful, I don’t even use the remote one I have now… the $10 jobbies you get at Bed Bath and Beyond are perfect…

915099DD-AF1B-40C2-912E-0FEBE83B18C7.jpeg
Reviving a thread. Got this for Christmas, two probes and a remote monitor. Look forward to trying it out.