Regular?

Why is @Alan_Rath a Regular and nobody else is?

Actually there are 28 of us.

1 Like

Woah! Why is his the only one that says Regular under his name?

Users have to choose to show it.

1 Like

Interesting, I didn’t do anything, it just magically appeared :relieved:

1 Like

Word. Doesn’t appear for me but it is on my list.

Ah, figured it out. Now I can be like Alan!

Totally confused?

I’m regular . Every morning .

For anyone curious, the baseline requirements for a user to become a “Regular” are listed in this page…not sure if Todd has edited them or not, though.

I have to say that I don’t like having the power to edit other people’s topic titles. Since I’m not a mod, it doesn’t feel like something anyone would actually want me to do, so I don’t do it, but ever since I discovered I have that authority, my eye twitches even more than normal when someone puts up a topic title with a punctuation, spelling or grammar error.

Well, that rules me out indefinitely.

Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)

I ignore 90% of new threads and mute long running old threads that I’m not interested in and get constant action so I don’t have to constantly scroll past them in my latest.

I discovered this a few days ago, when I saw an edit pencil next to someone else’s thread title. So I tried it :wink:

Then I alerted Leader Todd, who turned it off. It’s like being the guy who carries the nuclear football around, not sure I could sleep with that responsibility on my shoulders :crazy_face:

I give you credit for learning the ins and outs and nuances of the new site . Maybe with more time or interest in would do the same .

Excellent work, thanks! I’m thankful to be relieved of that heavy burden.