Recycle styro inserts (esp DC)?

Ken - I know that place in Springfield! For years, that’s where I went. But my town started accepting styrofoam at the town recycling yard a couple years ago and it was that much easier.

Posner takes them in White Plains and I think he just repacks them for other people. Reuse is better than recycle.

Ken - I know that place in Springfield! For years, that’s where I went. But my town started accepting styrofoam at the town recycling yard a couple years ago and it was that much easier.

Neal,

The local craft beer crowd will happily take them. If you post on any of the myriad local beer pages, they will be picking them up within days.

James

Not mutually exclusive. One can re-use and still eventually recycle (or just burn them to fire our woks.)

Our county recycler has now decided they wont take styro any more, and left a nasty gram on our big plastic ‘can’ about it.

but our wine related wines have been going to the local Total Wine. At one point the manager there told me they would recycle them. I probably take more shippers there than I actually buy in bottles of (overpriced) wine from them.

I like Garagiste’s paper mache ones. It goes so well with Jon’s blather.

Is there a retailer in the Chicago area that would like to take some styro shippers? I need to clear out a bunch from the basement.

Yes, I should have been clearer: I wanted to find someone who would reuse them, and I did. Thx all.