Recos needed on Dry Creek Zinfandel

A Rafanelli

Nalle

Pezzi King

I concur with your concurrence. Love the Heritage Zin, can usually find it for $14 or so.

How can you possibly go wrong with any Zinfandel from Dry Creek Valley? I think the worst DCV Zin I’ve ever had was bottled under the VINTJS label of Trader Joe’s about a year ago. Heck it was $8. My expectations for an $8 wine are not very high, and, this one, at least, exceeded my low expectations.

I have always enjoyed Quivira’s offerings. I have occasionally seen their DCV Zin for around $22 at Whole Foods. Their other bottlings such as Flight and Quest are good as well, though are now over $40 a bottle on their site.

Ridge Lytton, Mauritson, Quivira, Rafanelli. I also think that it is hard to match the value of Dry Creek Vineyards. I think their Heritage Zin is solid year in and year out and a great value.

JD

Coppola Director’s Cut is very nice for the price.

I almost always enjoy the Ravenswood Teldeschi.

If been to dry creek winery three times over the past five years ( last time less than two,weeks ago.). Unimpressed with Hertiage each Tim. BTW Mazzocco makes about the most expensive Zins I have ever seen, well over $100.00.

Pezzi King has been unimpressive for me. Nalle and Rafanelli are great but the OP likes Forchini and they are the anti-Forchini.

Yup.Mazoco, which is owned by WilsonFamily, is stupid/sily priced.& the wines not that impresive.
Tom

I’ve visited most of the wineries listed here, and have come away with Talty being far and away my favorite for Zins. Particularly his estate Zin.

We did the Dry Creek passport weekend last March and visited a dozen and a half places. The top three on my list have been mentioned above (Mauritson, Ridge and Talty). The sleeper - Carol Shelton’s Rockpile offerings.

I enjoyed Limerick Lane. A bit off the road, but delicious and great people hosting in the tasting room.

Truett-Hurst.

I agree, love Talty’s zins. Also have enjoyed Unti in the past.

Papapietro Perry and Ridge.

I always think Dashe when I hear Dry Creek.

Dry Creek Vyds
David Coffaro
Seghesio
Preston

Note there are a couple main styles to Zin: the soft, fruit-forward higher alcohol (as Wilson) and the meaty, ageable ones (like Lytton Springs) so it depends what you like.

Thanks for the mention Jeremy. For the record, we are technically in the Russian River Appellation so we don’t fit the OP but I’ll take the recommendation anyway! I’d also add that in addition to making great wines, the Mauritson family are some of the nicest people I know.
-definitely a family worth supporting…

Jake Bilbro
Limerick Lane Cellars/Marietta Cellars

Bradford Mountain Winery