Reconditioned Wine

The major red flag here that no-one seems to have caught is they are saying the reconditioning process involved decanting the wine? That’s not how you recondition wine.

My immediate thought as well. Seems very different than the typical re-corking process and with much more impact to the wine itself.

But I admit to know barely above zero about it- my emotional gut reaction is to avoid anything of this sort and stick to intact wines of well known provenance.

I may be confabulating, but I think I distinctly remember Chateau Lafite Rothschild coming to town and people would bring in their “old” bottles and have any ullage topped off and the cork refreshed by the Chateau itself.

This would have been in the 1970s if anyone ever heard of this.

In the realm of Hi Fi, McIntosh used to come to town and hold clinics for checking out the performance of their gear that people would bring in. I have some gear with “Clinic” stamps from the dates McIntosh came to town!

I don’t know how they do it, but if the process were similar to champagne, it could be less risky. FWIW, Borgogno and Remoissenet re-releases have been known to remove sediment during reconditioning.

they taste too young. Don’t know if same vintage or even same wine is being used. I try and stay away from Remoissenet. Too much unknown