Recommendation for Passover wines

Aged too!

A bit more of an explanation .

But we serve non-kosher wine and I will eat shrimp salad on matzah .
IMG_4439.PNG

As one of my more cynical friends says, the difference between kosher and non-kosher is about 50%.

In order to be kosher, wine must be made by observant Jews. In order to be kosher for Passover, it must not have come into contact with any sort of bread product that is not kosher for Passover. Which is, of course, not difficult to achieve, but you still need a rabbi to certify that this is the case. Yeast is not a problem, it is only grain products which have been risen by yeast, or could possibly have been risen by yeast, that are not kosher for Passover.

That is like my asking you how to make noodles. neener

http://www.manischewitzwine.com/faqs/faqs.htm?month=7&day=12&year=1955

What sugar is used?
A. Corn syrup is used to produce our Kosher wine products. During Passover, pure cane sugar is used to make our " Kosher for Passover" wines.

To be considered kosher, Sabbath-observant Jews must supervise and sometimes handle the entire winemaking process, from the time the grapes are crushed until the wine is bottled and any ingredients used, including finings, must be kosher. Wine that is described as “kosher for Passover” must have been kept free from contact with chametz, examples being grain, bread and dough.

We had a 2016 Hagafen estate Pinot at our Seder last night and it was pretty tasty. On the lighter side, unlike most Napa-sourced Pinots.

Such a blessing this wine was!

Can you have Manischevitz CREAM White Concord with meat??
My Bubbie loved that Cream White (blech).

We had a Covenant Lavan Kosher Chardonnay from Sonoma this year. It is kosher but I don’t think kosher for Passover… It was very nice for the occasion. Went well with gefilte fish:)

We had a 2012 Covenant Red C. Would get again for the holidays. Probably wouldn’t buy to drink any other time.

My cousin served a '15 Justin Cabernet (89 points) from Paso. He told me after dinner that it wasn’t Kosher. Duh. No kidding.

Bumping for the holiday

I take it they wouldn’t think a bottle of Beaune Grèves Vigne de L’Enfant Jesus would be funny?

My kosher for Passover grandparents? No, they wouldn’t lol

Anyone have suggestion for which port to use in homemade Haroset?

Ah, the dreaded middle management bottleneck.

This is cynical, but I thought it over: I would buy some kosher wines, use them for cooking, and refill them with good wine to serve myself or attendees who like wine and no one is the wiser. Except, everyone will, henceforth, ask you to bring the Passover wines. [cheers.gif]

Grabbed a bottle of Yogev Cab-Merlot and a Contessa Annalisa rose for the festivities. My grandparents will not let non-Kosher for Passover wine be served at their house so I need to bring something to save everyone from more Manishevitz

Bartanura (Italy). In years past a most likely choice at Jewish events and holidays. Costco even carries it now at some stores.

Carmel King David Sacramental, of course :wink:

Camuna Cellars!