Recommend me my first Bordeaux?

This^

My little buddy MarcF is coming over to share a '66 Chateau Magdelaine with me tomorrow. I think you’ve had one recently, if I recall correctly. I met MarcF on the Parker Boards and he’s become one of my very closest friends. He’s like the Gilligan to my Skipper, although I am much leaner and more muscular than Skipper.

A good bottle of ‘66 Magdelaine is great. Unfortunately we had a maderized bottle at the recent Right Bank dinner at Dale William’s house. Only off-bottle that night.

A good bottle of ‘66 Magdelaine is great. Unfortunately we had a maderized bottle at the recent Right Bank dinner at Dale William’s house. Only off-bottle that night.

2003 Aiguilhe has been drinking well from birth and even today can be found around $35.Check it out and let me know what you think.( other vintages are also good like 02,but I always liked the 03 best )

If you can find a Chateau d’Armailhac that would be a good one to try.

Around 2005 or so, Alfert gifted me a bottle of 1999 d’Armailhac for a favor I did for him. I had only been drinking wine for a year or two, really had no idea what I liked and had not explored my tastes. That wine was my first Bordeaux. It rocked my world and as of today Bordeaux is the largest part of my cellar. So I say try a d’Armailhac. The 2005 is drinking very nicely right now.

I turned Ian into a junkie! My boy is drinking Foillard like a Rhesus monkey on crack.