Recent “Should’ve bought a case” wines?

I had access to another case of 2014 Juge on release at, I think, $50 per, and passed it on to a friend. I liked him then, but after it spiked to $400 per, I no longer like him as much. :wink:.

I should have grabbed a full case each of 2014 Lalande and Domaine de Chevalier. Futures pricing when I bought my few was silly low.

2010 Livio Sassetti Pertimali Brunello - My favorite Bdm in 2010 and only $50 a bottle, now $150-200
2014 Morlet La Proportion Doree - Tried many vintages (newer and older) and nothing compares to their 2014, it’s a perfect white Bdx blend.
2015 Chateau Margaux - Who would’ve known the price would 3x out the gate…?

‘98 Rene Rostaing La Landonne, I did have a case except the first 10 bottles were consumed too early, really didn’t show how good this wine could be until about 2 years ago. Time to have another case!

2014 Domaine Huet Le Mont sec - when it’s a great vintage, you gotta spring for it
2012 Evening Land Seven Springs pinot - found at a fire sale for high $30s and bought 3… should have done 12
2009 Musar (same sale had them for $25)… don’t ask me how. or how any were left on the shelf

Can never have enough teeter totter chardonnay… I would have purchased more of the 2015 if I could go back

Can I ask where had a sale for Muser at $25/bottle? I saw the 2004’s for $27 at JJ Buckley about 5 years ago and seriously regret not buying them all.

This was at “Twin Liquors” - a relatively large TX retail chain with most stores (I think) between Austin and San Antonio. They have a twice yearly sale where every bottle (theoretically) drops to wholesale cost + $1… It’s a great time to stock up as they clear inventory

2015 and 2016 Domaine Saint-Damien Gigondas Vieilles Vignes
2017 Bedrock Bien Nacido Syrah

2016 Model Farm Chard…at least I bought 6!

2009 Huet Le Mont Moelleux…at least I bought 3

2016 Egon Muller Scharzhof Riesling…at least I bought 4—and I might get more, the system still has a bit of this.

His 2010 Trezin as well

Damn…thanks, that would have been a heck of a deal.

I don’t even know how to start answering this question.

Yep.
As close to a guarantee of ageable red wine as there is anywhere. And they usually taste good no matter when you open them.
Best, Jim

Thanks Ryan - it is a beauty!

Bedrock 2016 bedrock heritage wine

2013 Fogarty Chardonnay. Sublime.

Congruence… Of which I did buy a few…

All the PYCM, posting tn on the 16 bb in a min

After tonight,

2014 Sketch
2014 Duroche GC Aux Etelois

the 13-15s for evening land still weigh in at the mid 30s at least?

This rarely happens to us anymore, as we now buy almost everything we still buy at all by the case. Where possible and monetarily feasible, of course