Realm Rosé “La Fe”

Thanks . Looking forward to my 2 bottles from my friend. How much did you make and how many cases are you selling do you think ?

Agree with the person that said they hadn’t had a Realm that they didn’t like. Particularly their white wines. I’m willing to take a flyer on a half case of hopefully a fun summer-time drinker based on past experiences.

1 Like

I went for a 6 pack blind as well; given that A) the past Realm I’ve had before has been great B) I just bought some Cab & Cabl/Merlot rosé from Corison & Young Inglewood last week. I normally buy the darker, skin contact styles like from Antica Terra or Sylain Pataille.

I went back and forth, but ultimately decided to get six. I am new to Realm, but had a 2017 Houyi and 2018 Bard in the last few months that were just phenomenal.

I LOVE Realm and have been on the list for a long time but will be passing on my allocation which i am sure will be purchased and enjoyed by others. With shipping and CA tax on 2 bottles would be about $80 per for a rose (consume little) of merlot (consume little). Neither money nor even drinking windows are limitless here so sometimes you just have to pass. hope they buyers enjoy!

No, I do no spend hundreds on other wines. Most expensive wine I bought personally for my collection is a $105 2008 Buccella Cuvee Katrina Eileen at an auction.
Yes, $60 is too much for a rose wine. You do know how most rose is made correct? You are literally taking left over crushed grapes and mixing it with water and usually adding ethyl alcohol to it.

Rose is like bologna “meat” - all the leftovers mixed together with additives in a hope of making something palatable.

“Rose is like bologna meat” LOL

I saw the same thing and just for fun, since I am in socal right now, tried the zip here and it happened to be $30 for 3 and $35 for 6 so, to “save” on shipping picked up 6 [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the post. Just to clarify , when I typed “you”, I didn’t mean you specifically. I meant in general that some people put different wine varieties in price buckets, and will never spend $60 for this rose but will spend hundreds for other wines . Perhaps the $60 here will be “worth it” more than the $250 for other Realm bottles .

No, that is not how rose is made, at all.

That is definitely NOT how Rose is made (at least how it’s supposed to be made). And I guarantee Realm doesn’t make their wine this way…

As always, such interesting banter on WB!
Yes, $60 is a lot for a bottle of rose. But knowing Realm, it is a top notch rose! And I don’t recall ever trying a rose of merlot, so excited to try! Order in for 3 flirtysmile

So this does not sound as if this rose is an extended skin contact rose as some others in this thread that have mentioned. The idea of extended skin contact sounds as if it runs counter to what they were trying to do - and avoid - due to smoke taint.

As far as pricing goes, to each their own - but no one should make someone else feel ‘bad’ about spending as much as they do. It’s a slippery slope folks . . .

Cheers!

Realm has some majorly nice packaging. The streak continues with their Rosè. Pass on the wine, but I’m sure it’s very good nonetheless.

This was a great offer. I cant wait to try these. Took 3 since it is so new. Of course, I pretty much buy everything Realm produces.

I picked some up–recently had a 2018 Bard and found it quite nice with a few hours in the decanter. Wondering if this will be a one-off just due to the circumstances in 2020. Looking forward to trying it!

It’s high everywhere. Delivered to Ohio, total cost is almost $75 a bottle which is consistent with the cost of the regular shipments, but very high compared to many other wineries. $35 to ship 6 is a relative bargain.

For what it’s worth, Kenzo’s rose is $80. It’s pretty amazing, but I get why some folks would find $60 or more a lot for a rose.

Fair enough - I just personally am not a big rose fan myself. I do think Realm makes some good wines - but a lot of their clout is about branding and those who spend a decent dollar on their wines WANT the wines to taste good. The last Realm I had was a 2019 Fidelo sav blanc. I really wanted it to taste extraordinary especially given the price - but I could not tell it apart from a “generic” $25 sav blanc from California.

As a clarification - the majority of California rose is made via the saignee method (which I presume is the method used in Realm’s rose) - which is a process of using the juice from other grapes destined to be a red wine and fermenting it on its own. Water, alcohol, and flavor additives are added to the producer’s liking.

This is the minority of California (and the world) forum, thanks for the enlightened insight on the majority though.

1 Like