Realm offering live

I hear you but this is a case where the best To Kalon Cab Franc is actually coming from the Detert East Block. Well, it’s the oldest cab franc coming out of To Kalon anyway. Whether or not it’s the best is certainly subject to your own opinion and tastes. Not surprisingly, the Detert owned East Block is adjacent to the MacDonald’s To Kalon parcel.

With that said, if I had to spend $900 on epxensive Cab Franc, I’m putting those dollars to use picking up a few bottles of a handful of Loire gems. champagne.gif

Morlet has been making a To Kalon Cab Franc since 2010. Release $250-275 range. Has received a couple of WA100 pts.

First time on SVD list but I didn’t get a Dr Crane allocation and am kind of bummed about it. I’ve tasted old farellas at the vineyard and liked them but no recent releases. Any recommendations between Farella, Houyi and Moonracer? Think you could tell them apart blind?

Please PM me if you don’t want your Dr Crane

Don’t feel too bad J. Viz…it’s my third go-round on the SVD list and i’ve not been offered a Crane yet or even an option to wishlist it this year. Anyone know how long before you receive a Crane allocation?

Added in Feb 2015, this was the first time I had the option on 1x Dr Crane. Option to wishlist last year but none granted.

I have anyways preferred the Crane to the To Kalon even when they were the only 2 SVD wines. I think Farella was new in the 07 vintage. With the small allocations to most long term members there will be a lot of wishlists request. I was allocated 2 and bought and wish listed 3 more.

I was only offered Farella and Houyi and have not had them. Given that they are priced in the same category (and higher for Houyi) than Myriad Elysian, MacDonald, Piper, Dominus, would those who have had it put it solidly into that class?

Same timing here. Given low yields did not expect Crane this year but got 1.

I’ve had both Farella and Houyi. I’d put them well below MacDonald, ahead of, but in the same class as, Myriad Elysian and Piper. Dominus is a different beast entirely but I’d put Realm ahead on price alone. Your palate is your guide and ymmv.

The Morlet (Franc Force De La Nature) is pretty spectacular stuff…

Any wishlist updates ?

No update yet for me. Did anyone get their wishlist?

JF

From Realm today

please note that we were unable to grant any wishes for the entire mailing list for the Beckstoffer Dr. Crane in both 750mL and 1.5L formats as well as Beckstoffer To Kalon 750mL bottles due to demand and the smaller vintage size.

But did get 1 Farella 750ml and 1 BTK mag.

Screagle SB?