Realm Cellars 2021 Fall Release

No tasting notes posted yet on CT for these wines. Making it hard to decide on what to order. Although I do appreciate the guaranteed allocation window.

Does anyone know what the expected release in Spring 2022 will be?

Thanks,
ME

Based on past practice it would be the ā€˜19 single vineyards. This year it was in Feb and included:

• Dr Crane ā€˜18
  • To Kalon ā€˜18
  • Bourn ā€˜18
  • Houyi ā€˜18
  • Farella ā€˜18
  • Fidelio ā€˜20 (sauv blanc)
1 Like

Jeb Dunnuck has as well. Although they are in an article on his site currently rather than in his database.

Went with 8 Bard, 2 moonracer, 2 falstaff
It killed me to leave a few on the table, but it seems like literally every allocation came out this week. Ugh!
But pretty happy with what I got.

Matt, I can confirm Owenā€™s response is correct. Iā€™m happy (relieved) to report there is a 2021 Fidelio (SB fruit in, pressed off, resting in eggs/puncheons/amphora) so that will be included with the 2019 vintage of Farella, Houyi, Bourn, Dr. Crane, To Kalon, TK Cab Franc.

5 Likes

getting ready to jump in for my allocationā€¦i see some folks mentioned scores above - did Jeb have anything particularly noteworthy to say about the wines in his article?

He loved them all like usual. He, like others, have noted that 2019 is more fleshier and voluptuous than the structured 2018.

He was particularly high on The Bard and Houyi, with his Houyi review being the most notable in my opinion. Of course, Crane and Absurd were what youā€™d expect.

Havenā€™t finalized my order yet but will definitely be in for at least 3-4 bottles of Bard and my first allocated Falstaff after being shut out in 16 and 18. Excited for the Houyi in the spring as I saw on here Piper also said the 19 was the best of the vintages he took fruit from there.

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth:

The Tempest
WA: 95+
JD: 96

Falstaff
WA:97
JD: 97

The Bard
WA: 97
JD: 99

Moonracer
WA: 97+
JD: 98

8 Likes

Thanks Josh - appreciate it

I only took 12 Bard but should probably increase that. Still debating the Falstaff right now but since I recently grabbed 3 Absurd, the wallet is hurting for Realm right now. And of course there is MacDonald today soā€¦

Decisions.

I think the recent Tempest are underrated. Really enjoyed the ā€˜17 recently but donā€™t see much love for it here.

I took 3 tempest. Havenā€™t had it but heard itā€™s a great wine

In for 6x The Bard.

Grabbed 2x Tempest, 2x Bards, 2x Moonracer and 1+1wish Falstaff. Might go back later this week for more

Gonna go with 7 Bard and 1 moonracer but part of me wants more Bard!

Scott thank you for your participation on this forum. Thereā€™s been a lot of talk on inflation and some other producers really slamming members with increases. I expected more of an increase in some ways so greatly appreciate only $10.

Looking forward to the limited runs coming down the line.

Just tried the '18 Tempest and it is pretty killer.

Scott, how do you think the '19 Tempest compares to '18?

this is it, the last night. indecisive amongst us must make their decisions. i was offered 2 Tempest, 1 Falstaff, 12 Bard, and 6 Moonracer. i figure iā€™m putting together one case at mostā€¦2/1/6-8/1? iā€™ve never had the Moonracer ā€“ one 2018 sitting in the cellar but otherwise not a price point i generally partake inā€¦

1 Like

We opened 18 and 19 Tempest together in your honor so I could try to give you a thoughtful answer! At this moment, the 18 comes across with rounder, softer tannins compared to 2019. 18 fruit seems a bit more brooding to me whereas 19 fruit seems more lifted and bright. The 19 tannins build toward the back end of the palate. Is that from the vintage or the use of more Houyi as the Cab source for Tempest in 19? Hard to say at the moment. I would say the vintage differences are thereā€¦18 acidity appears higher (though I think lab analysis says they are similar) and 19 seems more expressive.

7 Likes