R.I.P. Alan Eden

Craig is polling the membership.

With the greatest respect, may I suggest the possibility that he’s just dead at retail?

Damn.

RIP Alan, gonna miss your threads.

+1

I am truly saddened to learn this.
I get the feeling we were a more important part of his life than we realized and am very glad folks encouraged him not quit posting here just a couple of weeks ago.
His is missed already, RIP.

Wow, so very sad. Certainly one of the most entertaining people on WB. You could always spot one of his threads from a mile away just by the subject line. He will definitely be missed. My condolences to his friends/family.

RIP

That was really good - Alan would have appreciated it for sure.

Unreal. I can’t add anything that has not been said, but his absence will be very noticeable. A real character.

+1

True Alan spirit would be him immediately reacting to this thread by asking if he could have his MACDONALD allocation.

Crap, not our only wild & crazy Welshman. He will be missed.

Wow, that’s shocking and sad news. Not quite 55…geez.

Very sad to hear of his passing, we will miss him.

But he did, and not that long ago!!!

. . . gonna miss his out of the box posts
. . . condolences to family and friends

Carpe Diem, folks

Sad to hear, and sad for us to lose him. He said plenty of things I didn’t agree with, but his voice was honest, and it brought a different perspective into what can sometimes be a bit of an echo chamber around here.

If anyone from his family is reading this thread, I hope you know he was a good guy around here and we will miss him.

This thread of his sums him up pretty well. As I said, quintessential Berserker.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2640175#p2640175

Very sad, going to miss his enthusiasm.

Tom

The smile that brings is a fitting tribute. Alan certainly was a memorable character. R.I.P.

RT

I suppose I can actually say this now: (hilariously) Alan was actually on the active MACDONALD list and receiving allocations. Makes that thread from way back when so much more funny

Unbelievable. Condolences to his family.

Between here and the WS forums, I got into it online with him as much as anyone. Certainly never wished ill will upon him at any time, though. I hope his passing was as peaceful as it was unexpected. RIP to WB’s resident curmudgeon. I would only expect him to “take the piss” to folks bemusement in the afterlife as much as he did here…